Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GM might want you in a commercial

PHOTOGLOU
    I have the phone number for this campaign... Please contact me if you think you are a possibility.. Jay 714 552 0300
    We are planning an ad campaign ad to showcase people who traded out one of our competitors to buy a GM. We need the regions help to identify customers that we can showcase in the ad. Attached please find the chart of the GM vehicles and their trade-in conquests for our upcoming Testimonials Campaign on the West Coast (near Deutsche to cut costs).
    This Testimonials campaign will showcase real individuals who have traded in these conquest vehicles for a GM and will include a TV spot as well as radio commercial to run in Texas, Florida and California (the more skeptical states). We are creating an authentic and unique “switchers” campaign that will communicate that GM offers quality products parallel to highly regarded competitor products. We want to make sure we are highlighting stories that impact and resonate within this audience.
    Please feel free to contact me with any comments or questions. Thank you for your help!
    Matthew Scarlett
    GM Brand Marketing
    Trade In Conquest Vehicles by Division
    CHEVROLET GMC PONTIAC BUICK CADILLAC SATURN
    Crossover SUV EQUINOX ACADIA SRX OUTLOOK
    Honda CR-V Acura MDX Acura MDX Honda Pilot
    Nissan Murano BMW X5 BMW X5 Mazda CX-9
    Toyota Highlander Honda Pilot Infiniti FX Lexus RX330
    Toyota Rav4 Infiniti FX Land Rover R3 Nissan Pathfinder
    Land Rover R3 Lexus GX/RX/LX Nissan Murano
    Lexus GX/RX MB M-Class Toyota Highlander
    MB M-Class Volvo XC90 Toyota 4Runner
    Toyota Highlander
    High Volume Car COBALT G6 LUCERNE CTS AURA
    Honda Civic Honda Accord Toyota Avalon Acura TL Honda Accord
    Toyota Corolla Toyota Camry Nissan Maxima Audi A4 Toyota Camry
    Nissan Sentra Honda Civic Lexus ES MB C Class Nissan Altima
    Mazda 3 Mazda 6 Acura RL Audi A6 Mazda 6
    BMW 3 Series Infiniti G BMW 5 Series BMW 3 Series
    Acura TSX Infiniti M BMW 3 Series
    Audi A4 Audi A4 MB E Class
    Nissan Altima MB E Class Infiniti G
    Toyota Corolla MB C Class Infiniti M
    Volvo S60 Lexus GS
    Lexus ES

HALLETT BOY
    I've been a GM fan all my life, but just for kicks I test drove the new Toyota
    Tundra this weekend...all I can say is GM watch out ! With a six - speed trans and all that horsepower and torque, the truck hauled "A"

PHOTOGLOU
    I've been a GM fan all my life, but just for kicks I test drove the new Toyota
    Tundra this weekend...all I can say is GM watch out ! With a six - speed trans and all that horsepower and torque, the truck hauled "A"
    I agree... But for a 1500... IT WON'T compare to Ford Dodge or GM in the 2500 class.... Toyota has a warning in their manual..... If towing more than 8500 LBS in 85 degrees or higher temp. enigne might over heat..... Even though it is rated to tow in excess of 10500 LBS

Great arguement!?!? The 1/2 ton totyota won't compare to the 3/4 ton chevy. Can't compare 1/2 to 3/4 tons accurately. But compare the 1/2 ton toyota to the 1/2 ton chevy and the Toyota is head and shoulders above across the board (for the record, we own a 1/2 ton crew cab chevy). Compare apples to apples when toyota comes out with a 3/4 ton.

Schiada Time
    Jay-I've always had Chevy's but I am the Editor of StreetTrucks Magazine. My testimonial of the great experiences I have had with Chevy's may hold some clout.

vee-driven
    never owned anything but a chevy, but i can tell you how bad my friends fords suck. lol

XtrmWakeborder
    The toyota tundra also looks like an ass with a fat tumor attached...Thing makes me want to throw up when I look at it. As for the power and tranny, all the reviews sound pretty good, but when I think of a 1500 platform I think of a daily driver and occasional towing vehicle that gets decent milage. How good is the milage on that Toyota? If I wanted a work truck with 400/400 i'd get a 2500 or 3500 platform. my .02

Outnumbered
    ...Toyota has a warning in their manual..... If towing more than 8500 LBS in 85 degrees or higher temp. enigne might over heat..... Even though it is rated to tow in excess of 10500 LBS
    Now that is some dirt...where did you find this? If this is true, I bet it will be all over the net soon

Outnumbered
    Great arguement!?!? The 1/2 ton totyota won't compare to the 3/4 ton chevy. Can't compare 1/2 to 3/4 tons accurately. But compare the 1/2 ton toyota to the 1/2 ton chevy and the Toyota is head and shoulders above across the board (for the record, we own a 1/2 ton crew cab chevy). Compare apples to apples when toyota comes out with a 3/4 ton.
    Ya, but it is just a badge. They built it like a 2500 and put a 1500 badge on it...big breaks...big ass motor...etc. Since they don't have a 2500 out I will have to say that their truck HAS to be compared to others in the 1500 and 2500 class since the Toyota is kind of in between. Maybe it should be a 1500HD GM tried this badging trick before.

This is photoglo's place, so I'll leave this alone. Very happy with our 1/2 ton chevy. Just think toyota is way ahead with technology on their new truck. The big three will follow suit or lose a portion of the market.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast