Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Performance boat class

H20 Toie
    Tres Martin has a performance boat class that is in florida. Since he has raced all kinds of boats for over 20 yrs and has won a lot of races and championships he seems like a guy who would know a lot about boats.
    He did a class in Huntington Beach this week so i signed up, I have been boating my whole life but what the heck maybe i could learn something.
    Boy did i, in just one day of classroom the amount of things he goes over is impressive. Anyone who has a twin step or cat should seriously consider taking the class. i had no idea how much difference there is between the regular v bottom and ts or cat.
    We went out today in Long Beach in a 47' Outerlimits which was way cool (it made my Cigarette look like a dingy)
    If he can get 4 people together he will do another class out here.
    Just the saftey part is worth the class but he spends a lot of time explaining how to set up your boat for both performance and saftey and yes i was doing things wrong i can't wait to try out what i learned.
    Also depending on your insurance you can get a discount after taking the class.

BADASS38CHEVY
    How much was the classes.

INSman
    What were you doing wrong so I can keep this in mind next time I'm in your boat ???

H20 Toie
    How much was the classes.
    $2500.

H20 Toie
    What were you doing wrong so I can keep this in mind next time I'm in your boat ???
    The biggest thing was that i had the bow to high we would have a smoother ride with the bow down even though you think it will make you stuff the boat it won't.

maxwedge
    $2500.
    Ouch! I've paid less for entire semesters of college tuition! But then again, we never took any field trips in a 47' Outerlimits either. I'm guessing the gas bill on that puppy is kinda pricey.

H20 Toie
    Ouch! I've paid less for entire semesters of college tuition! But then again, we never took any field trips in a 47' Outerlimits either. I'm guessing the gas bill on that puppy is kinda pricey.
    Well what is your life worth or your passengers, maybe you know everything there is to know about boating and what to look for from other boats as well as your own. but i did not and yes 2500 is a lot of money but compared to what the boat cost it isn't. and there are a lot of people out there that can afford to buy a boat that will do 80+ and not realize the dangers until it is to late. if you notice insurance is getting more and more expensive but worse there are getting to be fewer companys insuring boats what do you think will happen if you can't get insurance. right now it is almost impossible to get insurance for a boat that can go over 120mph.

INSman
    Who's Outerlimits were you using and how did that thing run ??!!??

chub
    So the class is geared mainly to bigger cats and such?

H20 Toie
    So the class is geared mainly to bigger cats and such?
    Cats and Twin Step boats no matter there size.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast