Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carb ?

cfm
    CFM , are you looking for ways to brake the 35 mph barrier
    The speed limit went thru so FUGG YEH !!!
    I'm not going down without fighting to the end.
    As far as the above question, I am just looking for more info for the old data bank ie: grey matter.
    I know this cam very well, as do many since it's been out since the Flinstone's, but just not in boats with watered down exhaust systems.
    I do have something up my sleave, you'll be one of the first to find out if I follow thru with it.

tpmarine.com
    The speed limit went thru so FUGG YEH !!!
    I'm not going down without fighting to the end.
    As far as the above question, I am just looking for more info for the old data bank ie: grey matter.
    I know this cam very well, as do many since it's been out since the Flinstone's, but just not in boats with watered down exhaust systems.
    I do have something up my sleave, you'll be one of the first to find out if I follow thru with it.
    CFM,
    I did not know that you lurked on ***boat... Hope all is going well, I need to make the time to give you a call to see what you have been up to.
    Don B.

cfm
    Don,
    I like Tech sections - it's where you can learn some cool schit. LOL.
    Unfortunately, some tech sections are too "i'm right your wrong."
    This one seems cool enough. Just as long as no one takes my remarks as 100% we are all set. He,he.
    I'm almost always around, call when you want. If I'm awake I'll answer.

Desert Rat
    Use a performer rpm airgap and a edelbrock 600 or 750 carb. The combo works great. Done it for many customers. While you are in there, a Comp cams 268 or 270 works great too! We have used 280 Comp with thru transom exhaust and its awesome!! TIMINATOR
    This is pretty much what I did to mine and felt a noticable difference. I went with the Marine Edelbrock 600 and the 268 cam. Carb is easier to tune IMO then a Holley. You can change metering rods eaiser the Holley jets.

deeee
    I put one of those holley spread bore carbs on my boat but I had to make 1 inch spacer so the float bowl would clear the thermostat housing. What would I have to change to eliminate that 1inch spacer. Would changing the intake manifold work or can I put different thermostat on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12