Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: So I'm watching the news... and I can't beleave what the Fire cheif just said...

YeLLowBoaT
    Crew safty comes 1st, public safty comes 2nd...
    I can't beleave he just said that on the news.

Kilrtoy
    Crew safty comes 1st, public safty comes 2nd...
    I can't beleave he just said that on the news.
    So what is the problem, I dont see anything wrong with that

squirt'nmyload
    well, who's gonna save the public if the crew can't??

Windy
    well, who's gonna save the public if the crew can't??
    Exactly...geez

Tom Brown
    That's SOP for any emergency crews. It's not a disregard for the public, it's the best way forward in an emergency.

YeLLowBoaT
    Still to make that EXACT statement goes agains every thing that a fire dept/ LEO stands for.
    It was a very bad choice of words. If he had said something like the safty of our crews is of the utmost importance( which is what the story is about) that would have been onthing. To say the public comes second implys that they are more worried about themselfs then those they are PAID to protect.

Biglue
    So if the rescuer is in deep shit, he's got a lesser chance of surviving draggin the rescuee with him. Makes perfect sense to me. At the end of the day they have families they want to go home to as well.

Kilrtoy
    Still to make that EXACT statement goes agains every thing that a fire dept/ LEO stands for.
    It was a very bad choice of words. If he had said something like the safty of our crews is of the utmost importance( which is what the story is about) that would have been onthing. To say the public comes second implys that they are more worried about themselfs then those they are PAID to protect.
    NO IT DOES NOT, that is exactly what is taught across the country.
    If you cant take care of yourself and you are now endanger how are you helping the cause....
    THINK ABOUT IT...

YeLLowBoaT
    NO IT DOES NOT, that is exactly what is taught across the country.
    If you cant take care of yourself and you are now endanger how are you helping the cause....
    THINK ABOUT IT...
    I understand what your saying and I agree with it for the most part.( 1st resonpce is paid to but themselfs in harms way to protect the public... alot of them seem to forget that) I still think to make a statement like: " The safty of our crews comes 1st, the safty of the public comes 2nd and the safty of our equipment comes 3rd" Is a very bad choice of words. There is a dozen other things he could have said that would have made this a none issue.

phebus
    I think it's great to see a Fire Chief be a Fire Chief instead of a politician. Don't know what Chief that was, but good for him.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast