Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have a question

IMPATIENT 1
    Are blower motors the only ones benifit from blocking off the power valves? or is this not a good thing to do?
    I TRIED IT ON A TUNNEL RAM SET-UP ONCE AND IT LEFT A BAD HOLE IN THE ACCELERATION.TOOK THE PLUGS OUT AND REINSTALLED THE VALVES AND HOLE WENT AWAY. SO IN MY EXPERIENCE THEY DON'T WORK WELL IN STANDARD INDUCTION MOTORS.

Moose
    Jim, whats up?. haven't talked at ya in a while. Are you going out to CFW on NYD?.
    Moose

atxwrangler
    Moose, Do You Still Have A Rogers?

Moose
    Nope, sold the Rogers and got a TP Stealth. The tunnel is alot easier on my back

jimthetoolman
    Hey Moose: Yes I am going to go if the weather is somewhat good. Tognottis are out of the tunnel ram gaskets and they won't be in for a week. Looking for a store around sacramento that has them in stock. Do you know of any store that would carry them around where we live?

Moose
    Jim, Give Rex Hutchison a call, they might have what you need. If that doesn't work out you could allways try Summit. I always seem to get my parts in two days.
    Hope to see you at CFW. I'll be in a 28' Arctic Fox fifth wheel trailer, stop by and say hi.
    Rex Hutchison 483-9563

jimthetoolman
    ok thanks.. hope to see you there.

Wicked Performance Boats
    Anytime you remove power valves you must rejet. They help save fuel crusing. Budlight

Moneypitt
    Anytime you remove power valves you must rejet. They help save fuel crusing. Budlight
    You can also change the pump size (50cc) the pump nozzle sizes, and the pump cam profile.The power valve(s) is for "driveability". The PV adds additional fuel during low vacuum when the butterflys allow all that air in when you stab it.(primary PV is still working even though you've opened the secondary butterflys).W/o PV, The acc pump dumps some fuel, but seldom enough for a smooth transistion into WOT. If you eliminate the PVs you must compensate for them some how,or pay the price of a bog/stumble into the secondaries. Contrary to popular belief, you should not have a tremendous surge of power when the secondaries open, just a smooth transistion to WOT. If you feel the sudden serge of power it means you've driven through a bog and the serge is the recovery.........MP

jimthetoolman
    So what should I do for the best performance?
    Put power valve plugs in and rejet with a 50cc pump or
    Put in power valves and be done with it?
    Again thanks for the replys.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12