Thread: best 6 1/2" speakers?

DEMOMAN
    I am currently running JL 6 1/2's in the boat. If I was to upgrade what would be the best sounding replacements?

finsfan4life
    I am currently running JL 6 1/2's in the boat. If I was to upgrade what would be the best sounding replacements?
    Add two more!!! let me tell you, I had only four JL Audio 6 1/2 speakers in my boat, powered by an 250w Alpine amp...The sound quality on that just about blew away anyone else in the water, even th 6 by 9's...I am putting in 6 in my new boat their builing now.....

ultra26shadow
    Hey Adam check out the Polk MOMO line I had them in my old boat and im going to put them in my new one, but they sound great they have a carbon fiber woofer for strength and durability and they are SCMA marine quality so you can get them wet in fact my whole system will be POLK MOMO from subs to the amps.

riverbound
    What kind of power are you running?
    what does the system currently consist of (amps deck etc...)?
    people that just spout off a recomendation without knowing anythign else have no idea what they are talking about. When looking at ANY audio system you have to look at everythign as a whole not just one component at a time. Tell us what you have then those of us who actually know what we are talking about will lead you in the right direction.

DEMOMAN
    What kind of power are you running?
    what does the system currently consist of (amps deck etc...)?
    people that just spout off a recomendation without knowing anythign else have no idea what they are talking about. When looking at ANY audio system you have to look at everythign as a whole not just one component at a time. Tell us what you have then those of us who actually know what we are talking about will lead you in the right direction.
    The current system, deck alpine cda9857, amps 1 alpine pdx 1000 & 2 JL A6450, subs 4 JL 12" w3, 4 JL 6 by 9's, and 12 JL 6 1/2's. I am not sure of the model #s on my JL speakers but I know they are JL's mid grade speakers. The system sounds great now but I am wondering what would be the best speaker upgrades

DEMOMAN
    Hey Adam check out the Polk MOMO line I had them in my old boat and im going to put them in my new one, but they sound great they have a carbon fiber woofer for strength and durability and they are SCMA marine quality so you can get them wet in fact my whole system will be POLK MOMO from subs to the amps.
    Thanks Gabriel I will definately take a look at those.

WET HULL
    I saw your boat at the boat show. I believe you have the JL TR series. I would jump up to the XR series by JL. They are top of the line, loud and will be crystal clear. They have them in seperates or in a all in one speaker. Only problem is that the biggest size is 6.5

riverbound
    The current system, deck alpine cda9857, amps 1 alpine pdx 1000 & 2 JL A6450, subs 4 JL 12" w3, 4 JL 6 by 9's, and 12 JL 6 1/2's. I am not sure of the model #s on my JL speakers but I know they are JL's mid grade speakers. The system sounds great now but I am wondering what would be the best speaker upgrades
    I would take a look at the MB Quart line....with the power you have you wont be disapointed

Mr. Naudio
    Everybody has an opinion remember ist all about what you like.
    IMO your weak link is the 6450s running your highs.
    Go to the PDX 4.150 then do speakers.
    Both should be done at the same time to get the full potential of the upgrades.
    If you do just the speakers or just the amp the other would be held back.
    Like doing an intake with stock exhaust.