Thread: Speed Coat Question

Lefty
    I just bought some speed coat from Rexmarine, but the can doesn't have preperation directions. Could someone tell me what grit final sand should be. Thanks

Here's a thread that should answer your question. (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138204)

jetboat
    can also be got at tractor supply stores in a spray can.

DUCKY
    Prep with 220-320 grit paper, clean well, and apply in several light coats. I know of several people that wipe in a circular motion with a lint free cloth in between coats, but I haven't found any benefit in that. My best outcome has been applying extra coats, then giving it a light scuff with fine scotch brite, or steel wool after it's dry. WEAR A RESPIRATOR!!!!!!
    Now with that having been said, I only keep speed coat in stock for performing repairs on previously coated boats, and for those customers that "have to have it". When given free reign, let's just say I use "something else".
    Billy B's comment (in V-Drives) about straightening the bottom first is an absolute truth as well. Don't bother coating something that isn't already perfect.