Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Things just cant ever go smooth...

Highlimit9000
    Welcome to boating I guess. Just about had everything done. Put in the driveshaft today, Put lines to and from tranny cooler, Put oil in V-Drive, Put driveline guard on, put back seat back in. All ready to go!! Fired her up on the trailer. Oh Shit! Blowing tranny fluid out of bellhousing...I checked to make sure it was not a line....Nope...Called my tranny builder..He says, well it sounds like the front seal...No shit??? Then he tells me, yah I have been having a problem with some of my tranny kits, they have been accidently puting Torqueflight front seals in them instead of T-400 ones...He goes I am affraid that is probably the problem...he said pull it out, and I will get you the right seal...Oh gee thanks...I almost lost it on the phone...Oh also, I already had to change my tailshaft housing to fit the larger yoke for the power i am making, Mine came with the small one...Go Figure...I hope it is just a seal...Praying...

sanger ss396
    sorry to hear about the seal. who is going to clean up themessssssssss????????? sounds like to me it is going to cost alot more than just a seal for the builder. i know what kind of mess any kind of oil makes in the bottom of a boat and it makes it almost impossible to get it all out. are you going to have the tranny builder pay for or do the steam and scrubb job to get the mess cleaned up since he said it was their sc$$$$w up??

QuickJet
    Are'nt those seals stamped with a part# on the outer metal ring? If he's been having those problems then you'd think he would check each seal individually to make sure the right one gets installed.

78Eliminator
    That guy "Murphy", you know, the one who invented "Murphy's Law", rumor has it that he was a boater.

Fiat48
    Wow. "yah I have been having a problem with some of my tranny kits, they have been accidently puting Torqueflight front seals in them instead of T-400 ones"

VDRIVERACING
    Are'nt those seals stamped with a part# on the outer metal ring? If he's been having those problems then you'd think he would check each seal individually to make sure the right one gets installed.
    I agree. If the tranny guy knew there was a problem he should have been double checking.
    I say, tell the guy to pull the needle out, and send the money it's gonna cost to take the trans to SOMEONE ELSE to inspect and repair. Lord only knows what else he botched...

Moneypitt
    Are you running a converter? And if not, how or what does the front seal ride on? Also, how many clicks during the install?.........MP

GofastRacer
    Are you running a converter? And if not, how or what does the front seal ride on? Also, how many clicks during the install?.........MP
    Ray, it works the same as a convertor but it is direct drive, a hub going into the pump and ears bolted to the flexplate!..

GofastRacer
    I'd say it's time to find another tranny guy!..

DaveA
    I'd say it's time to find another tranny guy!..
    What he said....
    Dave----post count going up----A

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast