Thread: Don't ever...

Havasu Hangin'
    ...try to change cold 50W with a drill pump.
    Sorry...just had to let that out.

DogHouse
    Sparks and smoke?

lmao... we have new pumps HH
    so did it explode or just burn the drill up?

Havasu Hangin'
    I probably took a couple lives out of my 18 volt...it was a little chilly outside, but my drill hand was nice and warm...if you know what I mean.
    I gotta figure something better out next time...I think the drill will try and take some revenge if I hook it to that damn pump again.

Infomaniac
    pneumatic drill man.

Three Days Only
    HH,
    reverso oil change system. Works great with oil hot or cold. Pump it out, change the filter, then pump back in the new oil. I only ever pump back in six quarts and then top of the last one through the vavle cover.
    Reverso Pumps (http://www.reversopumps.com)

DogHouse
    I went to Ace and got some brass fittings and valve so that I can just drain the oil out through a hose out the back of the boat's drain plug. Looks a little backyard but it works well. It does take a little while (maybe half an hour or so) to drain 10 qts through the small hose.

Havasu Hangin'
    I have one of those hoses and fittings (oil change kit) installed where the drain plug used to be. I was actually thinking of getting one of those Reverso pumps (REALLY thinking of it yesterday), but since I don't have a 36' Spectre...I just bought a drill pump.
    My hose is too big to fit out the drain plug (and on the boat, too).
    Maybe a Reverso is in my future...if I only knew someone who could get me a deal on one....hmmmmm.

Three Days Only
    That Reverso pump is great. I can drain each motor in less then 4 minutes. I wish I could tell you where to call, mine came in the boat. West marine carries them I think. Im one of those 36' Spectre guys, so mine was included. At least your boat runs right now!!!!!!! can't say that for mine.
    Jeff