Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Took a Compression Test>>>

Clown
    Yes But When They put 2-4 Deg Of adv in with out you nowing that is a differant storie.
    I have dynoed alot of blower motors and have had the best results .
    With making max power allways after changing cam timing.
    Just a weird thing that the cam manf
    do this.

Fiat48
    Cam makers do this because most people choose too large a cam in the first place. Then they bad mouth the cam cause the low end power is gone. So they put in 4 degrees of advance. They figure the real engine builders know and put the cam in accordingly.
    Compression testers seldom agree between brands. Loose or tight valves (or have one way out of adjustment), cam phasing and even how charged up your battery is and if your starter drags all play in with a compression tester. Best compression I ever saw was on a small block chevy with a flat cam. Leakdowns get it right.
    But a good compression tester is an excellent air density gauge.

GofastRacer
    Actually the reason for the built in advance is for timing chain stretch!. Crane, Lunati and Crower told me that 20yrs ago. But I found when I degree some of these cams, I find a lot of them straight up anyways!. Go figure!...As Info says, you have them ground straight up and go from there!. Of course you still check to see if it was ground straight up!....

Fiat48
    Then that means we can't believe anybody cause Crane and Crower told me that (but I ain't sayin' how many years ago cause you already dated yourself!).
    Gofast, did you catch the "But a good compression tester is an excellent air density gauge"? Did you get it?

GofastRacer
    Originally posted by Fiat48
    Then that means we can't believe anybody cause Crane and Crower told me that (but I ain't sayin' how many years ago cause you already dated yourself!).
    Gofast, did you catch the "But a good compression tester is an excellent air density gauge"? Did you get it?
    Yeah I got it!..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12