Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: jet boats on lake.

Riverat84
    i've never taken my boat out on havasu...just the river...and i've never seen any other hot rod boats like ours on the lake...how do all of yours hold up in the windy chop? does anyone take it out there?...thanx for the info...

Moneypitt
    I did once. Never again. I though the boat was going to break in half. Couldn't stay on top of the chop, 3 ft rollers and more with the ocean barges running around. Never again.............MP

Riverat84
    okay...thats all i needed to hear jeeezus!....thanx for the reply

BigBlockBaja
    I did once. Never again. I though the boat was going to break in half. Couldn't stay on top of the chop, 3 ft rollers and more with the ocean barges running around. Never again.............MP
    I know my lake is not the size of Havasu, but its the busiest lake in Jersey. I WILL NOT head across the main lake with any chop in it. Had a splash come up, wet the ignition, motor started sputering, could have been a sitting duck. I would have went down if I stalled.

h2oboy
    Really?? This is the first jet I have every owned.... I have seen some jets out there.... Is it really that bad..... Damn better cancel the trip next month..... You all got me scared...

BigBlockBaja
    Really?? This is the first jet I have every owned.... I have seen some jets out there.... Is it really that bad..... Damn better cancel the trip next month..... You all got me scared...
    What hull you have?

Riverat84
    yeah likewise...thank god the river is nextdoor lol

h2oboy
    I have a 79 southwind..

BigBlockBaja
    I have a 79 southwind..
    Im not sure with Havasu, but my hull is about the same as yours and I stay in the coves and smaller sections of the lake the ocean liners stay out of..

h2oboy
    absolutely, but that does not mean you can not go out and enjoy all the females on Havasu!!! You just need to watch yourself... Right??

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast