Thread: 1981 19' Sundancer Jetboat ( Need help & advice)

sundancerjr0416
    Can Some one help me. I am interested in a jet boat but cannot seem to find any information on this boat. The boat is a Sundancer Jet Boat that was made in San Antonio, Tx. The boat has been sitting in a barn for three years. The gelcoat needs to be wetsanded and the motor is freaking awesome. It puts out 500hp and sounds great. I am going to perform a leak down test and a compression test this weekend. It just needs some TLC. It is on a custom tandem axle trailer. The motor is a 454 that has alot of goodies in it. The gentlemen I am buying the boat from is throwning in an extra dominator pump with what he calls a racing impeller. He is also giving me a quadraplane intake with the carbs for less than $4,000.00. I am needing to get some information on the boat. The floor seems solid. I think this is what I call a barn deal. One of those boats that has just been sitting in a barn for a longtime. Can someone tell me some things to look for and some things to watch out for. The interior is new and looks good. Any help or information would be greatly appreciated. Looking forward to getting in the world! Thanks!

atxwrangler
    i have never heard of a sun dancer,can you post some pics,we love pics.if the hull is solid and the boat runs,you are getting a descent deal.you could sell the unneeded pump on ebay or something,and get enough for someone to clear coat the top!where are you located?

sundancerjr0416
    Thanks for getting back to me. I am located in Austin Texas on Lake Travis. :rollside:

atxwrangler
    get that boat going before april 21-23, our texas group will be having a major throw down,and bikini shoot at cabo loco.go to texas***boats.com and look under events for details,we have a few more boaters in your area! http://texas***boats.com/gallery/albums/1/0143.JPG

sundancerjr0416
    I have heard something about that. I hope we get some water in the lake it is still way down and alot of rocks are starting to show out there. My grandpa owns the boat dealership called Lago Vista Marine on the corner when you come into Lago Vista. Are you going? If you are let me know maybe we can meet up and go make some noise and shoot some water. I will let the power boat association know about it as well. Look forward to it. Will have pictures of the boat after this weekend. Where do you boat at? Take care and have a good one. :rollside:

Greaser
    Can Some one help me. I am interested in a jet boat but cannot seem to find any information on this boat. The boat is a Sundancer Jet Boat that was made in San Antonio, Tx. The boat has been sitting in a barn for three years. The gelcoat needs to be wetsanded and the motor is freaking awesome. It puts out 500hp and sounds great. I am going to perform a leak down test and a compression test this weekend. It just needs some TLC. It is on a custom tandem axle trailer. The motor is a 454 that has alot of goodies in it. The gentlemen I am buying the boat from is throwning in an extra dominator pump with what he calls a racing impeller. He is also giving me a quadraplane intake with the carbs for less than $4,000.00. I am needing to get some information on the boat. The floor seems solid. I think this is what I call a barn deal. One of those boats that has just been sitting in a barn for a longtime. Can someone tell me some things to look for and some things to watch out for. The interior is new and looks good. Any help or information would be greatly appreciated. Looking forward to getting in the world! Thanks!
    Sounds like a killer deal. If you dont pick it up, please let me know.

mrgoslow
    i have seen an '83 sundancer that was a gull wing. as far as the opinion, every boats different. i can buy it and find out and resell it to you for more coin if it helps.