WYRD
    Anybody know about these?
    are they good?
    whats it worth?
    Looking at buying one for Auto CAD Design for my company
    Thanks
    WYRD

carnage
    Great machines...I have both the HP5000 and HP5500 basically the same machine...the only thing that broke on my HP5000 (5 yrs old use alot) is the belt that drives the printhead. belt was cheap, but cost $500 bucks to have someone put it in...only happen once thou.
    I only buy HP

SummitKarl
    are they good?
    whats it worth?
    Thanks
    WYRD
    I use the design jet 430 with 24" roll feed option $1200 new
    the 500 is the new version of mine I think they are $1800 b&w and $2800 color new, and I still have the orginal HP draft pro exl (pen plotter) prototype from when I worked there 20 something years ago:jawdrop:
    the 430 has been a GREAT robust machine for me..the cartrages are cheap at $40 ea. and usally last for about 600ft of paper
    depending on your needs look into the 430 at the online HP store

CornWater
    What are you going to be doing?? The 5000 would probably be overkill for most small companies. We use the 4000 and it works great. Had the 2000 before that, and the 430 before that, but the speed of the 4000 is great. The only thing faster would be a laser plotter.

WYRD
    What are you going to be doing?? The 5000 would probably be overkill for most small companies. We use the 4000 and it works great. Had the 2000 before that, and the 430 before that, but the speed of the 4000 is great. The only thing faster would be a laser plotter.
    I think it is overkill for us, but I have the chance to pick up one from a electrical engineer that is going out of business, he is asking 6K for it with the operating system (Dell tower)

WYRD
    I use the design jet 430 with 24" roll feed option $1200 new
    the 500 is the new version of mine I think they are $1800 b&w and $2800 color new, and I still have the orginal HP draft pro exl (pen plotter) prototype from when I worked there 20 something years ago:jawdrop:
    the 430 has been a GREAT robust machine for me..the cartrages are cheap at $40 ea. and usally last for about 600ft of paper
    depending on your needs look into the 430 at the online HP store
    thanks Karl but I am looking at the 5000 model

WYRD
    Great machines...I have both the HP5000 and HP5500 basically the same machine...the only thing that broke on my HP5000 (5 yrs old use alot) is the belt that drives the printhead. belt was cheap, but cost $500 bucks to have someone put it in...only happen once thou.
    I only buy HP
    are parts for the 5000 still easy to find?

jayd_jr
    are they good?
    whats it worth?
    Thanks
    WYRD
    If you are not AutoCad trained or dontwant to hire someone that is. Save the money and buy the program that changes CAD files to PDF and its a done easier to use. Then use can change it back to a cad file. If you want to know more PM me. We use it and like it alot and its very simple.

jayd_jr
    are they good?
    whats it worth?
    Thanks
    WYRD
    If you are not AutoCad trained or dont want to hire someone that is. Save the money and buy the program that changes CAD files to PDF and its a done easier to use. Then use can change it back to a cad file. If you want to know more PM me. We use it and like it alot and its very simple.

CornWater
    If you are not AutoCad trained or dont want to hire someone that is. Save the money and buy the program that changes CAD files to PDF and its a done easier to use. Then use can change it back to a cad file. If you want to know more PM me. We use it and like it alot and its very simple.
    You don't need a program, just a registered version of Adobe (not the reader), and then you just set it up as a printer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast