Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Home Theatre question?

Chubby4Life
    I'm building speaker enclosures for in-wall speakers and was wondering about the how high I should mount them in the wall. I've seen them at eye/ear level and also at the top of the wall. Do vaulted ceilings make a difference? Any help would be great.
    Chris

MagicMtnDan
    I thought in-wall speakers didn't need custom boxes?

Chubby4Life
    These will be back2back with our bedroom so I need as much sound deadening as possible.

FREIND OF AA AND TA
    Call Evo 22 He installs the best home shiat I have ever seen.

ROZ
    Call Evo 22 He installs the best home shiat I have ever seen.
    Haven't seen much, eh?
    I hear the funnest systems to install take 6 months to program

ROZ
    I'm building speaker enclosures for in-wall speakers and was wondering about the how high I should mount them in the wall. I've seen them at eye/ear level and also at the top of the wall. Do vaulted ceilings make a difference? Any help would be great.
    Chris
    You need to contact the MFG to get enclosure specs.... Several mfg's have prefabed inwall enclosures that fit between the studs. They are engineered for optimum performance.
    The shape and surfaces of an area will always affect sound. Is this a dedicated home theater or a livingroom surround sound? Wall speakers are optimum as compared to inceiling. Are all of your speakers inwall or do you have towers up front?

FREIND OF AA AND TA
    Haven't seen much, eh?
    I hear the funnest systems to install take 6 months to program
    Thats Rhino stuff dummy!!

ROZ
    Thats Rhino stuff dummy!!
    You said home...not rhino... But you're right, his rhinos are most excellent
    I was thinking he did stuff like this too:
    http://www.sterryo.com/assets/p132_292x390.jpg
    http://www.sterryo.com/assets/p133_294x390.jpg
    http://www.sterryo.com/assets/p134_291x390.jpg
    http://www.sterryo.com/assets/p135_290x390.jpg
    My boy Terry does some fun stuff

Chubby4Life
    You need to contact the MFG to get enclosure specs.... Several mfg's have prefabed inwall enclosures that fit between the studs. They are engineered for optimum performance.
    The shape and surfaces of an area will always affect sound. Is this a dedicated home theater or a livingroom surround sound? Wall speakers are optimum as compared to inceiling. Are all of your speakers inwall or do you have towers up front?
    Both Roz. In the family room I've bought a Yamaha YSP-1 to mount under the plasma but I'm not sure I'll completely like it, so I was going to build the enclosures "just in case". In ther basement I've walled in an area for a true theatre and will be going with the 7.1 system. I haven't bought any speakers yet so I was going to build the enclosures with a blank face, so the drywallers can do their stuff.
    Chris

ROZ
    Both Roz. In the family room I've bought a Yamaha YSP-1 to mount under the plasma but I'm not sure I'll completely like it, so I was going to build the enclosures "just in case". In ther basement I've walled in an area for a true theatre and will be going with the 7.1 system. I haven't bought any speakers yet so I was going to build the enclosures with a blank face, so the drywallers can do their stuff.
    Chris
    YSP1 is for a room that is either square or rectangular with complete walls. If the room has any large openings to the side or back, it will not work properly. Also, was it set up properly?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast