Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Labbed prop durability????

FilthyHaBIT
    probably a stupid question but I have a small ding on the leading edge of my pretty new 28p labbed prop. Accidently floated into a not very well marked shoal area and stirred up some mud before I could raise the drive. My beautiful perfectly smooth labbed Mercury racing 28p is nicked on couple o blades. Doesn't wabble but seems to run slower....any suggestions .......should I run with it the rest of the season or can I have it worked out "relabbed"..(season is very young) . A mechanic told me the minute a labbed prop touches sand its ruined.....it loses its labbed finished. This is my second $1000 labbed prop I've apparently ruined in less than a year. Snapped a blade off last year. Almost wish I had an aluminum beater down there with as much as we use are boat. Just can't seem to stay away from that sandbar.....

DCBob
    probably a stupid question but I have a small ding on the leading edge of my pretty new 28p labbed prop. Accidently floated into a not very well marked shoal area and stirred up some mud before I could raise the drive. My beautiful perfectly smooth labbed Mercury racing 28p is nicked on couple o blades. Doesn't wabble but seems to run slower....any suggestions .......should I run with it the rest of the season or can I have it worked out "relabbed"..(season is very young) . A mechanic told me the minute a labbed prop touches sand its ruined.....it loses its labbed finished. This is my second $1000 labbed prop I've apparently ruined in less than a year. Snapped a blade off last year. Almost wish I had an aluminum beater down there with as much as we use are boat. Just can't seem to stay away from that sandbar.....
    Did the same thing this weekend only I hit something a bit harder.....brand new prop dammit I think it would be better if ya had someone ding it out and clean up the edges before ya run it to much! My .02

phebus
    If it's just little dings, take it to a good prop shop, and you will never know it happened. Good as new.

nodigg
    If it's just little dings, take it to a good prop shop, and you will never know it happened. Good as new.
    Ditto, a good prop guy can fix just about anything and make it BETTER than new out of the box.

all charged up
    I mangled my labbed 30p Bravo. I sent it to the Propeller Co in Havi and they returned it better than new in three days!!!!!
    All four leading edges were folded over and it looked bad. Fixed me up for $200 dollars. That included shipping. These people are increadable.
    Rihcard Schulzkump
    Propeller Company
    669 N Lake Havisu Ave.
    Lake Havisu City,AZ 86403
    Send yours to them and put your phone number on a note. Bet they call you to get your card number to return it within two days. It's unbelievable.

FilthyHaBIT
    I mangled my labbed 30p Bravo. I sent it to the Propeller Co in Havi and they returned it better than new in three days!!!!!
    All four leading edges were folded over and it looked bad. Fixed me up for $200 dollars. That included shipping. These people are increadable.
    Rihcard Schulzkump
    Propeller Company
    669 N Lake Havisu Ave.
    Lake Havisu City,AZ 86403
    Send yours to them and put your phone number on a note. Bet they call you to get your card number to return it within two days. It's unbelievable.
    Thanxs all charged up.....I'll give them a try. Do you know if they can weld a piece of stainless back on a blade. I'd love to get a labbbed 26p back in the water that is missing about an inch off one blade tip.

TIMINATOR
    Thats easy! Just send it to 'em and let 'em do it! Hey mike! didn't know your ride ran fast enough to hurt a prop!!!! Whats up? TIMINATOR

nodigg
    Thanxs all charged up.....I'll give them a try. Do you know if they can weld a piece of stainless back on a blade. I'd love to get a labbbed 26p back in the water that is missing about an inch off one blade tip.
    Richard is one of the best in the biz!

Screaming Pete
    i've ran a 28 brovo 1 labbed for 5 years and only had 1 repair on it. i always kept a small hone in my tool bag just in case i got any small nicks or burs i would take them out. if you don't that is where the cracks will start, good luck

TwinMach26DCB
    I had a small nick in a Mazco last year.... Lakeland was water testing and it threw a blade, took out one lower and the blade flew across and gouged the other casing as well.. would have been cheaper throwing the prop in the garbage..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast