Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: water lines?

MudPumper
    I used a Water inlet Crossover that I got from Teague. Works great.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/..._Front-med.JPG

Devilman
    thats the way i have it right now. i have the tee under the pan. i have seen some peeps who run the incomming line up to the motor and tee it off right there......
    Can't you just replace what you have with the braided hardware? Or you just looking to change it up a little as well?

Cole1313
    I used a Water inlet Crossover that I got from Teague. Works great.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/..._Front-med.JPG
    Where is the exit fromthe pump???

Devilman
    not if they repell oil....dont do it bastard...........................
    Thats not what I meant. My driveline flings grease down in the bilge. Water spreads it around, then next thing you know, greasyass hoses all under the motor. Unless you have a cover or something, my driveline is exposed. I grease it pretty often, hence the extra grease.....

Cole1313
    Thats not what I meant. My driveline flings grease down in the bilge. Water spreads it around, then next thing you know, greasyass hoses all under the motor. Unless you have a cover or something, my driveline is exposed. I grease it pretty often, hence the extra grease.....
    That was my reason for asking, why to spend the money to go braided. Muppumpers looks nice. I would think this would be the cleaner route to go

BigBlockBaja
    Greese your driveline, then wrap it in saran wrap followed by the almighty duct tape and call it a day.
    :crossx: :crossx:

Devilman
    That was my reason for asking, why to spend the money to go braided. Muppumpers looks nice. I would think this would be the cleaner route to go
    Yeah, it does. Taylormans looks pretty awesome as well. I don't really worry about it, cause my back seat covers all that up. No use in paying extra for some shiny shit that nobody can see. Only pieces of hose visible on mine is short section where it comes out from under the engine to the transom. Thats only about 2 1/2, maybe 3 feet....

Devilman
    Greese your driveline, then wrap it in saran wrap followed by the almighty duct tape and call it a day.
    :crossx: :crossx:
    LMAO! I guess that would work alright. You do that?

MAXIMUS
    You need to make sure that you are getting a balance of water to each side of the motor! In the past I have gone through a lot of work to center the tee & use equal length hose to the inlets. Then I had a brain storm one night after a shot of herion & a taste of crack. Now what I do is run an oversized line, like a -10 to the inlets with any lenght line necessary for a clean installation. Then I use restrictors at the inlet fittings. What this does is makes the final entrance on the motor the same & creates a resevoir type of senario out of the lines in mention. I do this on my jet & on my GN boat which is feed off of cav plate psi only. It works very very well. It should also be mentioned that you want to use a larger size line on the discharge side of the motor than that of the inlet side. This way it helps reduce block psi at high speeds. There for if you use a -10 on the inlet with a -8 size restrictor then you can also use a -10 on the water dumps. Sorry for the long post...
    Also 460 if you want some really cool products for your braided lines pm super dave. He has killer prices on good fittings & hose. I am a big fan of the nickle plated fittings he carries! Watch it though he is a limp wrist...

MudPumper
    Where is the exit fromthe pump???
    I'm not exactly sure what your asking, but the way it is set up is like this. If I remeber correctly, I have a -10 coming in off the pump that goes into a water pressure reducing regulator and then up to the inlet crossover on the front of the motor. Water exits through the Thermostat housing (no thermostat inside) throught two -8 lines. One of the -8 lines goes directly to an overboard dump and the other runs up the drivers side floor under the seats to a manual gate valve located just under my seat where I can reach down and adjust header water. The line then goes back under the motor to a Bassett T and then to the headers. I removed the ball and spring from the Bassett T and installed the manual valve under my seat because the Bassett T would never work at the right RPM's and it was a pain in the ass. I have a pressure guage on the intake manifold and I see about 12lbs pressure while cruising and 22lbs at WOT. Temp usually runs about 140. I have all AN fittings and use the Black Cloth Braided Push on Hose. It's cheaper than Braided Steal but looks better than plain rubber. If you decide to go with Braided definately call Super Dave. He has the best prices for sure. :rollside:
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...53IMG_0380.JPG

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast