Thread: Need Advice

riverratrob
    I have a Advantage 28 sport cat o/b ,it has a pretty crappy sound system (1200wt Sony explode amp with 6 Sony speakers .My problem is when I am at the the river sandbar standing outside of my boat I can't hear s@#t .
    Now I am looking to upgrade my speaker's and as I expected I am confused as what to do ,as I read on this forum JL seems to be the most talked about speakers out there? My brother has a buddy who does boat systems and he tells him that Hertz is the absolute best marine speaker out there (they are Italian ) . If any body has some tips I would truly appreciate

neverfastenuff
    I have Hertz front end in my truck (mids and tweets) and yes I think they are by far the best speakers out there but real pricey (2k) for a set & should be driven by a hi hi end amp (I run audison pro) in a boat I don't know if you'll realize the sound quality that those speakers produce. Maybe look at MB quartz I think they make marine series speakers...a good clean amplifier is the real secert to good audio so it doesn't distort the sound to the speakers.

Hustler
    I would not use marine speakers. automotive speakers hold up just fine. To get the sound out of your boat your speaker need to be a little higher in the boat or you need ALOT of power and ALOT of speaker. Check out Wired for Sound in Temecula, they build some very nice boat systems.

neverfastenuff
    I agree I never use marine speakers either...I just mentioned MB becasue some guys have to use marine speakers. I had 6 6.5's fosgate (which I wouldn't say are even close to anything hi end) with lots of clean power installed up high in my 30 daytona with 2 15's and it was crisp load and super clear even going 80mph and on the beach it rocked.

riverratrob
    I have Hertz front end in my truck (mids and tweets) and yes I think they are by far the best speakers out there but real pricey (2k) for a set & should be driven by a hi hi end amp (I run audison pro) in a boat I don't know if you'll realize the sound quality that those speakers produce. Maybe look at MB quartz I think they make marine series speakers...a good clean amplifier is the real secert to good audio so it doesn't distort the sound to the speakers.
    WOW 2K for a set of hertz thanks for the heads upon those,as far as the audison pro what size amp are you running.

neverfastenuff
    yup but the hertz are amazing! my wife got in the truck after the install shaking her head (as it cost 25k in total) and I put on some vocals and she couldn't believe her ears!! she was thinking it was going to be all distorted and dirty sounding it just got louder and louder crystal clear. It still puts a smile on my (and her face) when we listen to it loud. and it absolutely pounds with dance/ hip hop tracks and rock is amazing. 4 12's in a dodge mega cab. The amps are Audison VRX.2.400 and VRX4.300 They are audiophlie amps so don't let the 400 watts (over 1100@ ohms) fool you. Clean power is totally.

ROZ
    Never heard of an Audison pro series amp.... I've seen the Thesis, the VRX, and the LRX.... I believe they are the best made audiophile amp on the 12v planet. The amps perform very well with JM Labs,err, all Focal speakers. Over the top with no.7's, but sound saweet with K2 series 3ways... Don't they Toby
    I'd like to hear the Thesis with a pair of Rainbow's CS360.30 Refrence line, but I don't know many people paying 8k for a pair of speakers ..