Thread: Another Jeep Cherokee Question

spectratoad
    I need to replace all the bearings in the rear-end. (Dana 35 I think). Lots of vibration and noise. Does anyone have a hookup on a rebuild kit or a schematic showing the parts I need to get. Thanks.

Outnumbered
    If the jeep is lifted you may want to put a slip-yoke eliminator kit and CV driveshaft on. This is a common source of vibration in lifted jeeps. It's spendy but will be much stronger than stock and much smoother.

sorry dog
    Here's your chance to swap in a Dana44.

spectratoad
    Here's your chance to swap in a Dana44.
    thought about that

spectratoad
    If the jeep is lifted you may want to put a slip-yoke eliminator kit and CV driveshaft on. This is a common source of vibration in lifted jeeps. It's spendy but will be much stronger than stock and much smoother.
    It has a 3" on it. would that be enough to cause it? I put angled shims on the axles.

Outnumbered
    It has a 3" on it. would that be enough to cause it? I put angled shims on the axles.
    It could. Did the vib start soon after you lifted it? I had a 3.5" on my 97 TJ and had to do it. Granted its a shorter wheel base. Its a much stronger set up if you are doing any wheelin'. Plus, the set up you have now will leave you stranded if you break a rear drive shaft or u-joint. With the slip-yoke eliminator, you can remove the rear drive shaft and drive home in front wheel drive. Those are just a few big pluses on top of loosing the vibration.

spectratoad
    Good info thanks. I will definitely look into that. Right now I just carry an extra slip yoke with me.