Thread: Flipping your boat?????????

VoodooCanoe426
    I am starting a resto on a old Brendella v-drive and figure I would start with the bottom. My question is how do you guys turn your boats over and what do you set it on?
    Thanks

superdave013
    I did it with a bunch of buddies and some old tires.

Liberator TJ1984
    Dave's right ...we've put down an old blanket or two as pad and put tires to support the boat...make sure you have (more than enough) people to help..preferably 2 teams, one on each side to do it carefully....

Thunderbutt
    With the motor and the v-drive and shaft and strut out, it doesn't weigh that much, turn it over onto some foam. Originally posted by VoodooCanoe426:
    I am starting a resto on a old Brendella v-drive and figure I would start with the bottom. My question is how do you guys turn your boats over and what do you set it on?
    Thanks

intense
    Originally posted by superdave013:
    I did it with a bunch of buddies and some old tires.
    How's your boat comming?

126driver
    We've done that tire deal, it was a real pain in the ass for us. We use two forklifts and use heavy-duty rope at the bow eye and through the j-drains to flip it. Yeah, I know, not everyone has two forklifts in the garage. We've also used engine hoists.
    Our boat spends so much time upside-down, we've built a permanent home for it http://free.***boat.net/ubb/rolleyes.gif
    http://www.dangerousaddiction.com/im...ide_down_1.jpg

126driver
    I'll add though, you can flip it onto tires then roll it over like everyone says. But do yourself a BIG favor and have a team meeting with everyone before attempting it. Too many cooks spoils the soup! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

PGF545
    We actually do ours right in the front yard...lol. I have some old blankets that we fold up so that there is a little cushion. We get about 6 guys over there to help lift the boat off the trailer and slid out onto the ground...(I have some blocks to set the back of the boat on so that the strut doesn't hit the ground), Then we gently roll the boat on the side and about half the guys switch sides and then we set it on the ground...deck side. We usually set it back on the trailer...I have a couple long 2x4's that we will straddle the runners on the trailer with and then set the boat down onto the 2x's...it has worked for us well and have never had a problem...even with the light boats.
    Bernie