Thread: Marina Del Ray to Long Beach & Back

Dkahnjob
    Yesterday was a nice day, so we decided to take a run from Marina Del Rey to Long Beach, go to Parkers Light House for lunch. Looked around the L.A. harbor a bit and then back to Del Rey. The trip down was pretty nice, even got to go fast once inside the harbor break water in San Pedro. The way back was kind of typical afternoon ocean. Rough, 3-5 foot swells and 2+ foot chop. We had to slow down a bit, but it was a fun trip. Not very many other boats out, just a few fisherman.

dicudmore
    Yesterday was a nice day, so we decided to take a run from Marina Del Rey to Long Beach, go to Parkers Light House for lunch. Looked around the L.A. harbor a bit and then back to Del Rey. The trip down was pretty nice, even got to go fast once inside the harbor break water in San Pedro. The way back was kind of typical afternoon ocean. Rough, 3-5 foot swells and 2+ foot chop. We had to slow down a bit, but it was a fun trip. Not very many other boats out, just a few fisherman.
    sounds like fun! BIG AIR Can I drive it??

Magic34
    I am planning a sea trail on my new boat on Tuesday April 3rd. We are heading out of San Pedro and going up to Long Beach for lunch. We should be leaving San Pedro around noon and getting to Long Beach around 1 (from what I understand we have 35 minutes of no wake at SP).
    My question is... My wife is 7 months pregnant and doesn't do too well with the whole sea sick thing on big rollers. I know it is only a 11-12 mile ride, but around noon on the average day, are the seas calm? Then heading back about 2-2:30, are the seas calm?
    Thanks

Steamin' Rice
    I am planning a sea trail on my new boat on Tuesday April 3rd. We are heading out of San Pedro and going up to Long Beach for lunch. We should be leaving San Pedro around noon and getting to Long Beach around 1 (from what I understand we have 35 minutes of no wake at SP).
    My question is... My wife is 7 months pregnant and doesn't do too well with the whole sea sick thing on big rollers. I know it is only a 11-12 mile ride, but around noon on the average day, are the seas calm? Then heading back about 2-2:30, are the seas calm?
    Thanks
    I think you guys should be fine - If I am thinking correctly, the trip to San Pedro to LB is all inside the breakwater, so even if the wind picks up it shouldn't be too bad. The wind can pick up in the afternoons and you may have some rough water even inside the breakwater, but on a big boat it shouldn't be too rough.
    Try to keep your wife in fresh air - that helpds to avoid seasickness. Also, don't site there drifting in the boat for too long - That will get you sick.
    If you are in town on 3/31 - check out the SCOPE kickoff party in Huntington Beach.
    DKAHNJOB, you should checkout SCOPE if you haven't already

Dkahnjob
    I agree with Steamin' Rice, the water shouldn't be a problem inside the breakwater. The ramp at Cabrillo Beach is pretty good, although I haven't been there in a few years. The entire trip is inside the break water. On Saturday it was very rough outside, but still nice inside the break water. There is a nice courtsey dock at Shoreline Village in long beach, but bring bumpers. You should have a fun trip. Not sure if there is water to wash and flush at that ramp, Marina Del Rey has water. Bring a hose and lots of quarters if there is water you will be ok.
    I really want to go to the SCOPE open house, but I will be in the British Virgin Islands on a boat having too much fun.
    David