Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Canopies - Have them? Want them? Get them again?

Chipster27
    In looking at tunnels it seems like the trend is moving towards canopies.
    Does your boat have them? Do you like them? Would you get them again? If you don't have them, will your next boat have them?

John.
    Does your boat have them? Do you like them? Would you get them again? If you don't have them, will your next boat have them?
    don't have them now. sometimes wish I had them when running over 100mph. some kind of wind breaker would be nice. I think my next boat will most likely have canopies if its another fast boat.

Phat Matt
    don't have them now. sometimes wish I had them when running over 100mph. some kind of wind breaker would be nice. I think my next boat will most likely have canopies if its another fast boat.
    Do you have any wind deflectors at all?

John.
    Do you have any wind deflectors at all?
    nope. I wear goggles so I can see because the high speeds make my eyes water when we're going fast. Dana Marine makes some pop up wind screens for Ultra boats that look really cool, but I don't have a way to install them. I'm afraid of cutting into the gel and then I think I'd have to have some of my interior rebuilt to form around the wind screen mechanism and I don't have a way to do that either. Would be really cool to have though.

DCBob
    Yes, the wife loves the canopies

MR HARLEY
    Have them and would get them again in a heartbeat.

Phat Matt
    nope. I wear goggles so I can see because the high speeds make my eyes water when we're going fast. Dana Marine makes some pop up wind screens for Ultra boats that look really cool, but I don't have a way to install them. I'm afraid of cutting into the gel and then I think I'd have to have some of my interior rebuilt to form around the wind screen mechanism and I don't have a way to do that either. Would be really cool to have though.
    They make a HUGE difference. Plus I have had some pretty decent size bugs hit it that probably would have left a mark on my face. I would get some. Mine are small and I can't believe the difference it makes.
    http://www.eticketboats.com/Luxury_C...deflectors.jpg

Da Twins
    the best idea in boating, if your boat has any amount of speed you have to have them.
    I can run all day long with my cap on

Bullhead Bully
    I have them and would for sure get them again. If you run any distance or speed and then add 120 degree heat they are a life saver.

dicudmore
    my boat has a windshield and in this case I love it--having driven other 30's that don't, its a night and day difference...as for 1/4 canopies personally I HATE them...I think they look cool, but can not deal with the distortion and total lack of vision with them. Also, with no wind in your face, you kinda lose the sensation that you're going 100 MPH, it can be very deceiving...
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...5&d=1174886568

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast