Thread: Anyone know if these work well?

jh4rt
    I'm trying to decide between the Accon slimline pull-up cleats and these new quick-pull pin cleats from Dana Marine for my 20' Schiada. I like both, but am not thrilled about cutting big holes in my deck for the pull-up cleats.
    http://www.danamarineproducts.com/st...TOKEN=25033718
    Does anyone have experience with these? I know all the DCB boats at the show had them. I'm just wondering if they wouldn't beat the heck out of the dock line?

Havasu_Dreamin
    E502 has them, or something similar, on his Howard 28 Bullet and he seems to like them.

BADBLOWN572
    They are pretty cool. I think that they make the boat look better because there are no cleats on them. They also work really well and are fast.
    The downside to them is 1) they are expensive and can be lost & 2) if you use them for bumpers, they are more difficult to adjust where the bumper sits.

Havasu_Dreamin
    BB572, checked out your boats last weekend, absolutely beautiful! Amazing craftsmanship. Reminded my dad of the old Chris Craft he learned to ski behind. Good luck with them.

blender over
    Shit i dont have cleats on my boat, i bought the suction cup fender and dock holders, work great , plus no cleats looks the cleanest.
    Good luck

h2oski2fast
    I'm trying to decide between the Accon slimline pull-up cleats and these new quick-pull pin cleats from Dana Marine for my 20' Schiada. I like both, but am not thrilled about cutting big holes in my deck for the pull-up cleats.
    http://www.danamarineproducts.com/st...TOKEN=25033718
    Does anyone have experience with these? I know all the DCB boats at the show had them. I'm just wondering if they wouldn't beat the heck out of the dock line?
    I'll be using them on the GMT for bumpers. Only thing is that I am putting them on the inside of the gunnels, that way you don't see anything on the deck.

spectras only
    I've installed the pop up Accon ones on my spectra , but like the pull ups better on my Mirage. The pull up ones don't require the drain bucket with a hose .I'll post a pic of the slimline with bezel .BTW ,I would use the pin type for fenders only. Cleat is to have your boat secured :idea: =
    http://www.tollesburysc.co.uk/Knots/Cleat.htm

Throttle
    they are the shiat!

Phat Matt
    I have the pin cleats on my E-ticket.