Thread: close call

76biesmeyer
    Took my daughter out on the boat today, she is 15 and just starting to drive a car. Anyway i dropped here off at the dock to make a speed run and some asshole on a jet ski pulled right in front of me!!! missed him by 20 ft doing close to 80mph !!!Had to let off the gas and turn to the right hard, the boat hooked to the right and thank god it was not my turn.Point is!! The boat has a 502 built to the hilt loud as shit .So the next time one of them want to race!! sure lets go for it!!! Let me tie a rope on to your jet ski and see if you can keep up!!LOOK OUT THEY CAN GET YOU KILLED

Infomaniac
    I hate to show my true colors but: I had one pull out in front of me doing 90+ in my old Seebold. It was a pad "V" hull. when you yank out of the throttle the nose digs in and cuts violently side to side. Almost ran it up into the trees.
    I decided then that I would run one of them over before I crashed my boat into the trees. You know if one cut you off, you crashed your boat, they would just keep going.
    If any of them care to try, let me know

rrrr
    I was out Saturday with my wife, son, and some of his friends. We were pulling the kids on a tube and my son was wakeboarding. My 24' bowrider puts out a pretty big wake, and while I was pulling my son some asshole on a ski snuck up behind us and started jumping the wake just about the time my son fell. He was only about 30 feet from him.
    I cranked the boat around and drew a bead on the dickhead at full throttle. I fully intended to run his ass over. He gassed it and got away. Later two more of 'em did the same thing while I was pulling the tube, I just turned around and lined up on a collision course to run over them. They got the message pretty quick.
    I can't believe the effing stupidity of people.

Those dickheads aren't worth doing a long strech in the slammer. A few years ago some young chickie on a jet ski was harrassing a fisherman by charging at him and soaking him when she cranked it to the right or left, she did this several times. He had enough of that and ran her down with his boat, killing her. He was convicted of manslaughter and is doing a 10 year strech.

63stevens
    I wonder if that is the reason personal water craft are being outlawed from Lake Powell, Mead, and Mahove starting in Sept. Wonder how long it will be before they are banned from the rest of the country

Stab-n-Steer
    Most of the 2-cycle units are being banned everywhere because they are so polluting. They're kinda like having a Pitbull running through your yard terrorizing your wife and kids and then shitting on the lawn before he leaves.
    I'm not one for lots of rules but everyone should pass a Coastguard saftey course before driving a watercraft of any type.
    S&S

63stevens:
    I wonder if that is the reason personal water craft are being outlawed from Lake Powell, Mead, and Mahove starting in Sept. Wonder how long it will be before they are banned from the rest of the countryNot soon enough. I hate those little things. I hit a 9 year old girl in 1982 at Parker. Dropped off my buddy at the dock and, along with another friend, went to take one more buzz down to Bluewater looking for a race. We were down by the toolies, thank god I didn't have my foot in it, and she was on the right hand side of the river. Just as I was about to pass her, she turns right in front of me. Didn't so much as glance over her shoulder to see if it was clear. I turned hard left to spin the boat out (it was a Rogers jet, sorry) so I wouldn't center punch her. Hit her with the side of the boat and that piece of shit jet ski went into a million pieces. The boat knocked her pretty good and must have shoved her down underwater a ways because before the boat stopped we were both standing up, trying to find her. She popped up like a cork, screaming bloody murder. Scared the shit out of me, I thought for sure I killed her. 9 years old and she was about 7 miles down river, alone, from where her family was camping.
    Hated those things ever since.
    I've been hit by a boat before, hurts like a son of a bitch. Make matters even worse, my dad was driving the boat. His old flattie, sterring cable broke just as he was dropping off a skier, you know, pulling into the cove and stabbing the gas a little to whip the skier in. I happened to be standing in the right spot on the beach. Hit me in the hip and sent me flying. I was about 10 years old. I remember my nuts swelling up to the size of small oranges...
    They hurt now just thinking about it.

Infomaniac
    058:
    Those dickheads aren't worth doing a long strech in the slammer.Hey if they cut in front of you and you run them over, I do not see slammer time in that.
    If you hunt them down and run them over, yea.