Thread: Bellhousing needed for rail kit...

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Any of you guys have a "used" bellhousing for a BBC? The condition of the bellhousing doesnt matter bacuse its getting powdercoated. Please let me know if someone has one...
    Thx,396

Moneypitt
    BBC, SBC same thing. Are you looking for a stick type bellhousing, or for a Powerglide type spacer/housing. All Chevy rear bolt patterns are the same except for the early 217/235 6 cylinders with automatics. Other than those every chevy in the whole world has the same bolt pattern in the rear.......MP

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    BBC, SBC same thing. Are you looking for a stick type bellhousing, or for a Powerglide type spacer/housing. All Chevy rear bolt patterns are the same except for the early 217/235 6 cylinders with automatics. Other than those every chevy in the whole world has the same bolt pattern in the rear.......MP
    I want the one used for railkits....

GofastRacer
    Ray, he just needs a flywheel cover for his ditch pump, putting in motor plates and stuff!..

Moneypitt
    So what he needs is a P/G adaptor?.......My jet housing is short, but has side mounting holes like the truck housings from the 60s that didn't use a crossmember under the trans. I don't think I have what he needs, but until I know what he needs, I can't be sure...........Ray

GofastRacer
    So what he needs is a P/G adaptor?.......My jet housing is short, but has side mounting holes like the truck housings from the 60s that didn't use a crossmember under the trans. I don't think I have what he needs, but until I know what he needs, I can't be sure...........Ray
    Ray, he just needs to cover the flywheel the plates will be made accordingly, either a PG adaptor or a flywheel cover, something like this!..
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/21Cover.jpg

Lookin for Liquid
    Ray, he just needs to cover the flywheel the plates will be made accordingly, either a PG adaptor or a flywheel cover, something like this!..
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/21Cover.jpg
    Be careful putting any flywheel type cover as shown due to interference with the starter housing and rail. The jet boat engines sit lower and we have seen a problem in this area almost every time we put a rail kit in a jet boat

GofastRacer
    Thanks for the info, I was just using that one as an example. I realize the motor sits lower in those, but I'll be doing it circle boat style and that type cover may just fit??..