Thread: Anybody got imput about 86, Scorpion

boatgonewild
    Have a chance to pick up something special ,I hope.. sounds like 18` scorpion, with 455, real sweet they tell me.. My cost, put granite in the kitchen, and I have all the materials already, if I get it 455 is for sell.....

FOURQ
    if its what I think it is it was made by advantage. others have played with the mold but never made them work from what I hear. they were designed to have a clamp on in the back. I'm sure with some bottom mods it could be made into a real nice boat but still wont be a big performer from what I have heard..

atxwrangler
    Ditto,i Know One Over Here In Houston That Tom At Jbp Put A Mild Bbc In And It Runs 76mph.it Is A Very Stable And Nice Looking Boat.perfect For A Lake Runner!

boatgonewild
    Hey does anybody have a picture of this boat aka advantage boat 86` or so...

LGCDEVIL
    Is this what you are talking about? Eliminator, I think.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...r_Scorpion.jpg

luv2race
    if its what I think it is it was made by advantage. others have played with the mold but never made them work from what I hear. they were designed to have a clamp on in the back. I'm sure with some bottom mods it could be made into a real nice boat but still wont be a big performer from what I have heard..
    Not true. Boat is a very good boat, but it does need some work to make it awsome. When set up right it is a very nice boat. R&D had a lot of luck with them. Get a hold of Harold at R&D I'm sure he will tell you about them.
    www.R-DMARINE.com

Devilman
    BoatGoneWild, here is a pic of the Scorpion that Marty mentioned in his post to ya....
    Ditto,i Know One Over Here In Houston That Tom At Jbp Put A Mild Bbc In And It Runs 76mph.it Is A Very Stable And Nice Looking Boat.perfect For A Lake Runner!
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...0/Scorpion.jpg

FOURQ
    Not true. Boat is a very good boat, but it does need some work to make it awsome. When set up right it is a very nice boat. R&D had a lot of luck with them. Get a hold of Harold at R&D I'm sure he will tell you about them.
    www.R-DMARINE.com
    from what I have heard they don't but I don't have the experience with them. but if it was a great boat I don't think eliminator would have sold it to advantage and then advantage getting rid of after only a few years. I know of a few people that have them with clamp-ons on them and they say they run OK but not great. I know were the mold is and there has only been 2 pulled out of it in 5 years one was never rigged just sold the other was setup as a jet and it runs like shit...but like I said I don't speak from experience just from what I have heard from people that own them ...

JR131
    we raced an eliminator scorpion for a few years back in the mid eighties
    nice boat when the bottom is done right. the boat was about 2 to 3 tenths quicker than a daytona and handled better you can see a pict of it on the r&d
    marine website under the junior tab
    R-Dmarine.com
    http://www.r-dmarine.com/files/Download/rookie.jpg