Thread: Who's going to Burley Idaho Boat races ??

SK48
    Just finished packing the car. Leaving after work tomorrow. Hope to get to Cedar City or Filmore tomorrow night, so Friday won't be such a long drive. Hate the drive but its the best sprint boat races on the west coast. Maybe I can meet some of the North west people on the board. I'll be working on the GN 30 boat. (hope we are just racing and not working)

Moneypitt
    Sk48, Of all the western states apba races, Burley is far and away the best venue, bar none! The way the whole town comes out is a real gas for the racers. Sorry to say, I haven't been for about ten years (PS 89, then)and I always think of getting back there. Racing IS a life sentence, without the possibilty of parole!!!Hey, have a couple of those elks lodge double yoker eggs for me....... Moneypitt

Moneypitt
    Another thing, where is Burley on the "events" page here????

CircleJerk
    Sorry Sk48, I dont know of a soul from the Northwest that is going! The race between North and South Nosties didnt materialize due to lack of Calif. boats {due I guess to Laughlin race} and the late welcome call we received from an official. Remember, we are not APBA nor do we abide by their rules. Not to mention our big race is next weekend and I have to work at the jet-ski race this weekend! I would have loved to make it and had already asked to ride with a few folks in their luggage! Next year I hope to have our ducks all in order for a possible Nostalgia WAR around the island! Sorry JG, I wanted to race anything anywhere, even the truck to Burley! JeRk smile_sp

boatguy222
    I was looking forward to going, but I heard the the K-boats bailed, , so I deside to stay home and work on the boat.