Jbb

Baja Big Dog
    GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!

Dave C
    that principal is an asswhole.....

Donttreadonme
    Hey DAVE C,
    I disagree...
    This is a letter I got from the principal when I asked for additional information:
    Thank for your support of veterans; By the way, I am a Vietnam Era Veteran in the U.S. Army and I served my country as well.
    The Newspapers are in the business to sell newspapers. This matter was resolved before the newspapers ran their article. Ms. Rios was pleased with on how they can have their child receive makeup work. The only step that Ms. Rios has to do is call in and say "Family Emergency", which is an excused absence, and not request an "Extended Spring Break Vacation". Vacations are considered un-excused absences, because we have many parents taking extended Spring Vacations with their children during this important time of AIMS testing. The guidelines were established to improve attendance in the fourth quarter and to be fair with all parents and students. Attendance is low around Spring Break, and we want to encourage students to stay in school. We were trying to promote students' attendance in school.
    We support our troops, and we are pleased to have the Rios' Family as part of our school. I hope that the public do not take the article on face value but understand that we also work very hard to provide students with a quality education. The Rios' Students have been given their make-up school work.
    I am happy to know there are people that care so much about our country, soldiers, education, and families.
    Thank you for your understanding and consideration.
    Lee Griffin
    Principal
    Two sides to every story!

Screemy1
    gotta love the press..... good comment from the principle.... hope he has a auto generate for that email to all the ones he gets...:jawdrop: