Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nostalgia flatbottom class

LUCKYSTATTOOS
    Hey guys, I am currently restoring a patterson fiberglass SS boat that I plan on running next year in the nostalgia flat class. I have a question concerning the strut and rudder. Is it suggested to run a reinforcement plate for the 2 on the inside of the hull? Is this something needed with the 80 mph speeds? it is an ex SS race boat and has dual steel struts but no plate.
    Thanks for you help!
    Sheldon
    SS77

kipperps28
    I assume you mean dual skegs, right? I would recommend running a strut brace and a doubler over the skeg bolts if you are going to crank it through a turn. The skeg doubler is easy to build (3/16 or 1/4 inch aluminum plate). The 80 mph straight speed is no big deal, but bending it through a turn will put some stress on the underwater gear.

VDRIVERACING
    Have you had your rudder checked out lately?

LUCKYSTATTOOS
    it has two shaft struts under, the main strut and a smaller one towards the stuffing box. The skegs are double plated. I have seen some with plates that tie the strut back to the rudder area and are bolted through.
    make sense?

D Ginny
    it has two shaft struts under, the main strut and a smaller one towards the stuffing box. The skegs are double plated. I have seen some with plates that tie the strut back to the rudder area and are bolted through.
    make sense?
    The small one is called a whip strut

sangerflatty
    how do I find out more about this class,as far as rules,dates and reqierments to race.any help would be cool.

Moneypitt
    how do I find out more about this class,as far as rules,dates and reqierments to race.any help would be cool.
    Only rules involve safety. Any engine, any build, BUT the speed limit is 80MPH GPS'd after each heat. 80.1 MAX, 82 looses a lap......Brad Stellman is the man to talk to, I'll see if I can find a contact address or number. MP
    Try Jeff wooton at: wootonracing@msn.com, He'll hook you up with Brad

gnRacer98
    Only rules involve safety. Any engine, any build, BUT the speed limit is 80MPH GPS'd after each heat. 80.1 MAX, 82 looses a lap......Brad Stellman is the man to talk to, I'll see if I can find a contact address or number. MP
    The limit is 80.9 mph and a 1 lap penalty, over 84 mph and your done for the weekend. If you clear the max. speed your DQ'd for the heat (this includes dead GPS batteries or forgot to turn GPS "on"), You will need fresh batteries each day min. Other than that it's run what you brung and you need standard APBA safety gear.

Moneypitt
    Lucky, Brad has posted over at BRF, send him a PM......MP

GofastRacer

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast