I havent the foggiest idea who won our last race. I will testify we did have one, and I was driving up until the last heat. I was the victim of a splash-bump lane violation involving five boats in the first corner #1. This is the place where all boats must maintain their earned lanes until exiting the last turn buoy. After returning to the pits I pulled myself from competition! George Nordling won the last heat in Marc's PS222 Bezer 'Voodo Canoe'. I dont know what the finishing order for the weekend is due to much confusion as to who jumped the start or who was penalized. All I can truthfully say is it was,as I had predicted, A WILD ONE! I wasnt the only one of the 14 entries to scratch or withdraw. Northwest Water Competition ran the race in an organized manner and completed the Saturdays heats within three and a half hours which included a full field of outboard hydros. They TORE up the 5 pin 3/4 mile course with the alcohol racers maintaining a 70+ average lap speed! This was higher than the fastest flatbottom!
It was sad to see the 2002 season end. The potluck dinner was HUGE and free for all. This is certainly a family fun event which will be repeated next year as well as the Banks Lake Racer Reunion in June. The few spectators had 80 degree weather and lush greenery to view the course and marvel at the huge VARIETY of old boats.
The only crash occured in turn one when a hydroplane lost steering and center punched another tearing the boat in half. No injuries were reported and the kids enjoyed the marine plywood bonfire! I'm running out of info and dissapointed that I couldnt finish better than fifth. The 396 was making HUGE horsepower but my cav plate linkage broke in every heat! To add to that the FRESH vertex took a dump. I may try a Super Mag 2 next time if I feel I can run two boats next year.
I am happy to announce that the Blonde Bomber, my wife Robin, pulled off a third in the 6 boat Ski Class. She may have moved into first for the year since the #3 Rayson Craft from Oregon had overheating problems and could not continue. We will have to wait for the next Hull Report to find out. She drove a very safe, cautious race and made two unbelievable saves in the rough water conditions. This sensible style of driving should be copied by some of the other Ego Maniac stylin MEN! Did I misuse the word MEN? That's one flatbottoms opinion named the >>>>>>JERK<<<<<<!