Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nostalgic Race Unofficial Results

CircleJerk
    I havent the foggiest idea who won our last race. I will testify we did have one, and I was driving up until the last heat. I was the victim of a splash-bump lane violation involving five boats in the first corner #1. This is the place where all boats must maintain their earned lanes until exiting the last turn buoy. After returning to the pits I pulled myself from competition! George Nordling won the last heat in Marc's PS222 Bezer 'Voodo Canoe'. I dont know what the finishing order for the weekend is due to much confusion as to who jumped the start or who was penalized. All I can truthfully say is it was,as I had predicted, A WILD ONE! I wasnt the only one of the 14 entries to scratch or withdraw. Northwest Water Competition ran the race in an organized manner and completed the Saturdays heats within three and a half hours which included a full field of outboard hydros. They TORE up the 5 pin 3/4 mile course with the alcohol racers maintaining a 70+ average lap speed! This was higher than the fastest flatbottom!
    It was sad to see the 2002 season end. The potluck dinner was HUGE and free for all. This is certainly a family fun event which will be repeated next year as well as the Banks Lake Racer Reunion in June. The few spectators had 80 degree weather and lush greenery to view the course and marvel at the huge VARIETY of old boats.
    The only crash occured in turn one when a hydroplane lost steering and center punched another tearing the boat in half. No injuries were reported and the kids enjoyed the marine plywood bonfire! I'm running out of info and dissapointed that I couldnt finish better than fifth. The 396 was making HUGE horsepower but my cav plate linkage broke in every heat! To add to that the FRESH vertex took a dump. I may try a Super Mag 2 next time if I feel I can run two boats next year.
    I am happy to announce that the Blonde Bomber, my wife Robin, pulled off a third in the 6 boat Ski Class. She may have moved into first for the year since the #3 Rayson Craft from Oregon had overheating problems and could not continue. We will have to wait for the next Hull Report to find out. She drove a very safe, cautious race and made two unbelievable saves in the rough water conditions. This sensible style of driving should be copied by some of the other Ego Maniac stylin MEN! Did I misuse the word MEN? That's one flatbottoms opinion named the >>>>>>JERK<<<<<<!

boatguy222
    That was more fun than people should be allowed to have with their clothes on!!!!

ouRx
    Wow,was that ever a great puddle of fun, CJ! Our first trip to Moses and we all can't wait to go back with a functioning boat! Next time we'll bring "shmellos" and firewood so our respective kids and grandkids don't go begging and dumpster-diving for burnables (ie, hydro pieces). We did wonder what was up in that Sunday race with the cluster at the corner-looked like nautical NASCAR! Still working on fuel for bombshells 4 legged vehicle, will let her know by Tues. Over, out, and sometimes upside down!

CircleJerk
    ourX: You are funnier than me by a whole bunch! Love your posts! Yes, that corner will be in my memory for a while. I did receive an appology from the 69 lane stealer which surprised me. Spectators said that all you could see was a wall of water that covered all 4 boats. Hope someone enjoyed this, I did not. BooHoo..Jerkmeister frown

blondie#1
    Hi everyone! This last weekends race was just to cool! We had 14 boats show up. Eight of these boats raced in the Circle Boat class and 6 in the Ski Boat class.

The boat Hulls for this race where: (1)Beiser, owned by Mark Harmon (Voodoo Canoe)and driving by George Nordling, (2)Laveycrafts, (1)owned by Jim Davis and driven by Justin Davis, (1)owned by Boyd & Robin Schnell, driven by Robin Schnell, (2) '69 Sangers, (1)owned and driven by Robert Hampton, (1)owned and driven by Mike Devore, (1) '69 Hallett, owned and driven by Mark Tharoldson,(1)'71 Raysoncraft, owned by Jerry Lemay and driven by Don Mooney, (2) '65 Wickens, (1)owned and driven by Sonny Olson, (1)owned and driven by Bill Silverthorne, (2)'76 Barron Sprints, (1)owned and driven by Boyd Schnell, (1)owned by Don and driven by Ron Dubay, (1) '78 Sleekcraft, owned and driven by Evan McCallister.
    It was very interesting to see what each of these hulls could do. Everyone had a ball.
    This is the racing results for the weekend:
    CIRCLE BOAT CLASS:

3rd Place: George Nordling
    2nd Place: Mark Thoraldson
    1st Place: Evan McCallister
    SKI BOAT CLASS:
    eek!
    3rd Place: Robin Schnell
    2nd Place: Bill Silverthorne
    1st Place: (the Rookie) Robert Hampton

I do not have the HIGH POINTS results for the year yet. I'll keep you posted. I can't wait for the new year coming. It looks very very promising.

Oh Yeah ask the Circle Jerk about his announcing at the races. He did a super job. Lots of people think the club should hire him for this job! Could be his new job!

boatguy222
    BBS,
    Do you have any idea what MPH we ran in the Final heat????
    Thanks,
    Marc

GofastRacer
    Hey CircleJerk, was there a Lavey SS83 running??, just wondering how it's doing, I owned that boat a long time ago!....

boatguy222
    GofastRacer:
    Hey CircleJerk, was there a Lavey SS83 running??, just wondering how it's doing, I owned that boat a long time ago!.... GFR,
    It sort of ran, It still has some engine issues, 5100rpm was all she'd turn, I kept offering JD my 6000 rpm chip but he would not USE IT!!! LOL

Marc,
    Sounds like a great time! I am already planning to make the long haul next summer. At least, I am in Sacramento now so the trip is shorter...Any pics of the boats?
    Thanks
    Mike

CircleJerk
    v-drivers; I must add a little for clarification, we had some gun jumpers on the starting line that played a vital part in the declared winners. I may take some of the blame in sucking two of the fastest boats into an early start forcing one lap penalties for all three of us in Sundays first wild 6 boat NASCAR fiasco. I knew my trim tab linkage was slipping reducing my chances for being fast for the entire 3 lap race, so I grabbed lane one too early and drug George and Mark with me in lane three and four. The tunnel sleekcraft flew in lane two to catch us at the turn l apex and that is when the fifth #69 sanger decided to cut beside me in lane 1/2 and force my barron into the sleekcraft. There was not any room for him between me and the turn buoy so I backed out of the gas and became the filling in an Oreo cookie! I got squeased and eaten! Meanwhile in lane five Mark was flying over the mess of boiling water and nearly left the old 69 Hallett former K boats seat. He accidently hit the throttle and forced himself back down in the chair. To make a long story slightly shorter, we wont be running 6 fast boats on this course in the future. Saturday we wisely used the computer to time us for two four boat heats with the winner achieving the fastest time. Many drivers received stern warnings for foolish rule-breaking driving. As for the announcer..he's just a CircularJerk!!!!Less some white sweet stuff...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast