Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking for my old race boat

Wizard612
    does anyone out there own my old Eliminator 19 Daytona? I raced it in Ski Jet Circles about 1977-80. Norm Grimes Found a buyer for me about 81. HAven't seen it since. Love to know what happened to it.

FuelInMyVeins82
    you raced a Daytona as a circle boat thats awesome.
    I personally have not seen it but I'd imagine some one will come up with something. Good Luck

Why on earth would you do that ! :wink: :wink: Hope you find it .
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...9&d=1175120662
    -beerjet-

MikeF
    Don't think I've ever seen a Daytona w/a turn fin on it.
    If I ever come across it, you'll be the 1st to know!
    Call Norm and see if he still knows who bought it?!:idea:

Jim Brock
    did you have the nozzle turned at a angle so you could turn???? i think i remember the boat, who are you ?????

MikeF
    did you have the nozzle turned at a angle so you could turn????
    Jack had said that to me in the past about the indexed nozzle. Didn't ever really expand on it to know what boats they were on.
    I can see it now.

Wizard612
    Name's Tom Nusbickel. Craig Millet and I had two daytonas. He raced Comp Jet ran his with plates I raced ski jet both boats ran out of Craig's shop Nova Performance, and yes I had a crooked nozzel but not because it was a tunnel. Would have used that trick in ski jet even if I raced a semi-V. No up-downs allowed but no one said I couldn't install a stock nozzel wrong. I beat Craig to the races first completing my boat about a month before he finished his so I lay clame to be the first to ever race a tunnel jet in circles. Wizard ran well too, won enough races to worry the competition. Even got sabotaged once. Craig's "Spirit II" won the Austin Aqua Festival and was equally successful.

Jim Brock
    I remember your name, i raced mod jet, #460 and still do,those were the good old days, Jim

Goad
    Tom,
    sounds like i opened a can of worms....do ya got the itch to go racing again?
    -Brad

Wizard612
    All boat racers have the itch to race again. The old line that a boat is a hole in the water you pour money into though still holds true. The wife may not be too keen on the idea ether. Before we were married she got a ride in Wizard at lake Plesant AZ. It was the only time I couldn't here my engine, she was screaming so loud. She also cut off the circulation in my lower leg due to her death grip on my knee. Also Jim, I remember our racing days fairly well. When you were racing in MJ you had the likes of Jack McCure and Steve King to beat. I had to contend with Herald Bruce and Mel Bacon.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast