Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rhino registration requirements in AZ

STV_Keith
    My boss has a Rhino and is moving to Kingman. Wondering what things need to be added to be able to register it for road use in AZ. Turn signals? Horn? Etc. Thanks.

Outnumbered
    My boss has a Rhino and is moving to Kingman. Wondering what things need to be added to be able to register it for road use in AZ. Turn signals? Horn? Etc. Thanks.
    He needs to get an MC plate at the MVD (DMV). They will issue it with your promise to install the items but will not check. If you get pulled over and don't have the stuff on it you will get a ticket. He needs: lights, brake lights, rear view mirror, insurance for STREET use, and (the last two are debatable and can vary depending upon the LEO you talk to) a windshield and DOT tires. Most people do not do the last two and seem to be fine. Lots of people say that goggles will pass in lieu of a windshield but it depends on the LEO.

Outnumbered
    Oh, one more thing. If he is moving from out of state they will do a VIN inspection in which case it may be a good idea to have the street stuff on and ready to roll. If not he can first register it as an RV plate (off-road) and go back to convert to an MC plate the next day and they will only do the VIN inspection on the first trip. No inspection to convert to MC plate.

STV_Keith
    Great! Any suggestions on where to get the parts? Any companies offer an on-road kit or something? I think he has a windshield already, but that's it.

shadow
    Took mine to the Havasu MVD and they didn't even go outside to look at it.
    Ness requirments are head lights,tail & brake lights,seat belts,(horn?)lighted lisence plate(night),windshield.
    I don't use a windshield and have never been stopped and drive mine all over town.Althogh i had to sign a paper styating i was aware i needed a windshield.
    They come stock pretty much street legal other than the windshield & lighted plate.Not being brand new they might want to inspect it,but if it is equipped properly should only be one visit to the motor vehicles.

eman1625
    Did mine through Sierra Title....all done through the mail. Very easy. their site tells you what you need.
    http://www.sierra-title.com/toys.html

selfmade
    If the rhino is registered in another state other than arizona he needs to bring in the MSO. If he doesnt have it the dealer that he bought it from should have it. Also it has to be the original.

andy01
    I did mine in Parker last Friday, very painless process. They checked the numbers and that was it. I did also sign the form stating I had the equipment needed. Be sure to have title in hand, insurance card for street use (progressive) and that is it.
    Andy

Outnumbered
    I forgot the horn.
    And no MSO is required if you have a title and registration in another state. I brought 3 bikes from CA to AZ with no MSO. Just VIN inspections.

Rod-64
    Great! Any suggestions on where to get the parts? Any companies offer an on-road kit or something? I think he has a windshield already, but that's it.
    I had my Honda Quad serviced at the dealer and I asked about the street legal deal and he said just to buy the parts at NAPA for around $40 instead of them doing it for $150. This includes a license plateholder w/brake light and horn/push button and rear view mirror. I would suspect the mirror would be different on a Rhino though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast