Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: jacuzzi WJ

Triton
    Is it hard to get a WJ Jacuzzi to run in the lower 70's M.P.H.
    Im pushing 550HP.And my tech.is reading 5200RPMs.I don't know what kind of speeds iam runing.need help. :idea:

BrendellaJet
    No, but it isn't free either. What kind of boat is it? Its a good pump, not popular like the berk, but with a little work it can be made to run well. It does have a few flaws, the restrictive bowl being the biggest. Try a seach and you should find some interesting reading on them.

malcolm
    Do you know what impeller you are running? 5200 RPM is only around 400 HP with a B impeller.

GunninGopher
    I recall an article in hot boat I think around 1998 that talked about WJ modifications. It might have been in Jet Tech.
    If I recall, the hot setup for a WJ was to cut it to fit a Berkley impeller. According to Shoemaker or whoever wrote the piece it was the hot setup for racing in the 1970's, if I recall correctly.
    I have every issue from 1991 on up. If you really want the info, I could pull down the box to find the magazine and read up on it again. I'm sure someone here knows more than I could tell you from reading the article, however.

wsuwrhr
    I recall an article in hot boat I think around 1998 that talked about WJ modifications. It might have been in Jet Tech.
    If I recall, the hot setup for a WJ was to cut it to fit a Berkley impeller. According to Shoemaker or whoever wrote the piece it was the hot setup for racing in the 1970's, if I recall correctly.
    I have every issue from 1991 on up. If you really want the info, I could pull down the box to find the magazine and read up on it again. I'm sure someone here knows more than I could tell you from reading the article, however.
    I did this to my pump on recommendation from Jack at MPD.
    Brian

malcolm
    Brian, did you just mod the impeller or did you have to mod the rest of the pump too?

wsuwrhr
    Brian, did you just mod the impeller or did you have to mod the rest of the pump too?
    The shaft has to be turned down.
    The impeller side of the bowl needs to be cut a little.
    I think the outlet side needs to be changed as well, but it isn't necessary.
    Brian

malcolm
    Thanks, I'd like to go up from a B to something bigger for my 455. I doubt there are many Jac. As hanging around. Just exploring my options.

A Berkeley impeller is that much more efficient?

wsuwrhr
    A Berkeley impeller is that much more efficient?
    A Berk is a 4 blade.
    Jacuzzi is a 5 blade.
    Although one forum member posted pictures of his 4 blade jacuzzi.
    Brian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast