Thread: What do you think my boat is worth

CALIFORNIA PERFORMANCE
    Well let me put that better what do you all think I can get for my boat. I have a guy that wants to give me 3000 for it and told him the lowest i could go is 4000. What do you think. Too high or too low

CALIFORNIA PERFORMANCE
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/499me_on_boat-med.jpg[/img] This might help.

Kindsvater Flat
    Boats are only worth what people will pay. No matter what you have in it you will never get it back. Unless its a desirable model. Then its a different story

AZKC
    I'd say its according to how bad you want to move it, very few boats are for investment, they are for pleasure(unless your like me and your into pain )Everytime I blow my boat up I say "Fockit sell the biatch" but then I look at the replacement cost and say "Damn I can put another 10 grand in this thing and still be under replacement cost.
    I think a most any boat that runs good and looks good is worth at least 4 grand IMHO but like I said if ya gota sell, take what ya can get.
    KC

Ratacole
    Kindsvater Flat:
    Boats are only worth what people will pay. No matter what you have in it you will never get it back. Unless its a desirable model. Then its a different story What is considered a desirable model?

Kindsvater Flat
    Ratacole:
    Kindsvater Flat:
    Boats are only worth what people will pay. No matter what you have in it you will never get it back. Unless its a desirable model. Then its a different story What is considered a desirable model? River cruisers..

AZKC
    Ratacole:
    Kindsvater Flat:
    Boats are only worth what people will pay. No matter what you have in it you will never get it back. Unless its a desirable model. Then its a different story What is considered a desirable model? Ass for every seat, its what ever you want that makes it desirable
    KC

Off the top of my head it sounds a little cheap. Post some details though and I'm sure you'll get a better idea. Unfortunately though many nice smaller boats don't have good resale value these days with the popularity of the bigger boats. I've seen really nice flats though go in the 10-15 range.

wsuwrhr
    Marty I say it's worth 50 bucks tops, you are close by, so can you bring it by today? I'll pay you when you get here....you know it will go to a good home.
    Thanks,
    Brian
    [ August 10, 2003, 06:43 PM: Message edited by: wsuwrhr ]

MoJetBoPar
    The guy is low-balling ya!
    I'd stick to the $4k amount if that's what you've arrived at. Around here, $3k is something that barely runs, needs cosmetics and is still worth fixing up. $4k-$4.5k is just getting into something with nice paint & upholstery.