Thread: X-Dim is off by 1/2 inch

Trouble Maker
    Leave it to Eliminator to build a 100k+ boat and put the drives in the wrong place....
    I was prepping my engines to be pulled out for a spring rebuild when I started eyeballing the engines and sure enough one was noticeably lower then the other.. Thought one was out of alignment, but the engine alignment tool slide right in both holes just fine. So, then I took the ruler to the back of the boat and sure enough the port outdrive is 1/2 inch lower than the right.... That port engine always has seemed slugish compared to the other(always down by a few hundred rpms)...maybe now I know why....
    Question is though...would a 1/2 actually cause that??
    Thanks

MIKEHTMSR24
    You'll have to try a one inch shortie on the port side and see if the engine picks up rpm and the boat picks up speed.
    If that is true then you could put a 1/2 space on the shortie. If the boat picks up then you are set.
    If your speed slows down, then ya got go get another one inch shortie and half inch spacer.
    If none of the above is true your screwed unless going with an half inch spacer on the starboard side picks up your speed.
    What really sucks is what you found. Your not the only one, my buddy bought a new 05 36 and he put half inch spacers on his drives he picked up speed. He is now going to try one inch spacers and see what happens. He may just go with 5 blades and no spacers.
    good luck$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Daytona100
    Obviously a measuring error on your part. Eliminator doesnt make mistakes. Run a 26 prop on the left and a 25 on the right. Problem solved. :cry:

Trouble Maker
    Obviously a measuring error on your part. Eliminator doesnt make mistakes. Run a 26 prop on the left and a 25 on the right. Problem solved. :cry:
    Eliminator doesn't make mistakes.... That's a joke!! :rollside: