Thread: Kindsvater for sale

auto
    Hi everyone,
    I noticed someone on this forum had the "kindsvater" handle. I had never heard of one before, but guy in my town has a '66 Kindsvater for sale. It isn't in real great shape - gelcoat on the bottom of the hull mostly gone, some funky 2x4 bracing under the deck, later plastic fuel tank.
    It is on a horrible trailer and the prop touches the bottom of the trailer!! Really scary.
    It has a newer small block in it. The thing is kinda rough but it is all there. He hasn't had much interest in it, pretty much open to offers. Anyone interested?

Sangster
    Where abouts is it located (state)...Can you post some pics..

auto
    It's in San Luis Obispo, CA. The owner also spends time in Fresno - very nice young guy, just has too much going to keep the boat. It is listed in the photoad - www.photoadslo.com. The only pic is in there. You really have to look at it, of course, which I did.
    By the way, I also looked at a 71 Sanger family ski boat near here (19' flat). It was decent, but the gel coat was checked, and it looked just old, which of course it is. Can I find something a little better? Or is this just par for the course, since these things are getting up there?
    I also saw a really nice time warp early Sanger flat on a trailer at Wal Mart in Paso Robles- wow, this thing was perfect and untouched. IT LOOKED LIKE IT ROLLED RIGHT OUT OF 1967! The metal flake was faded, but the gel coat was perfect. It was on a trailer with a black plate pulled by a similar vintage chevy van! The dash was uncut - gauges on a bracket on the bell housing, just a Sun tach on the column..Probably not for sale, i figured. I wish I had my camera!!
    Bruce

Kindsvater Flat
    Yep thats me with the Kindsvater handle. They were built by Harold Kindsvater. He lives in Fresno still and custom builds props now. Also very into vintage war planes. Post some pics so we can see it.

Here is the photo from the classified ad. It said it was 20 foot, looks like an 18 to me

ssmike

Here is the photo from the classified ad. It said it was 20 foot, looks like an 18 to me
    http://www.photoadslo.com./detail.asp?adid=184582
    ssmike