Thread: Anybody have any input on Laser Boats (Vision)?

probablecause
    Have the opportunity to get a 2001 Laser Vision 22" open bow (454, diverter, etc). Anybody have any input on them? Good, bad, let's hear it.
    Brendan

Laser website (http://www.laserboats.com/home.htm)
    Here's their website. Phunny they don't show a jetdrive option. Only small blocks n outdrives on their stock 22' vision boats..

Aluminum Squirt
    I think Laser is the sister company of Essex, but I'm not sure? If that is the case, I can't say much about Laser directly but I have an Essex with a Bravo I and it is very high quality. The layup, gel coat, rigging, etc were all first rate and they reatain very high resale value. If this is the company I'm thinking about, I can't see anything associated with Essex coming out less than high quality. Sorry, I can't speak to the quality of their jets specifically, but I hope this helps a little. Then again, I could have the wrong compny-Aluminum Squirt

probablecause
    I think Laser is the sister company of Essex, but I'm not sure? If that is the case, I can't say much about Laser directly but I have an Essex with a Bravo I and it is very high quality. The layup, gel coat, rigging, etc were all first rate and they reatain very high resale value. If this is the company I'm thinking about, I can't see anything associated with Essex coming out less than high quality. Sorry, I can't speak to the quality of their jets specifically, but I hope this helps a little. Then again, I could have the wrong compny-Aluminum Squirt
    No that is the right company. I heard they were also part of Essex.

Aluminum Squirt
    I thought I remembered it was but wasn't sure. Again, I'm not giving any props to Laser, but I have a hard time thinking that if they are related to Essex they would let any crap out the door. My Essex is very well made and the fit and finish of everything was nearly perfect. Most of the Essex's I've run into have been more of family boats, not too much in the way of hot rods. Mine in very solid and you will see used ones retain a very high resale. They are pretty heavy, but they squash the chop pretty good (I'm sure this is very hull dependant) and I've never seen it flex or heard it rattle. I've got a 496HO in mine and I'm right at 70MPH. I'm very happy with it. It's no aluminum jet race boat, but its the perfect family boat-Aluminum Squirt