Thread: happy camper

4604me
    OK ive had my boat for a year and have never been to the Colorado river. So I log on to Google Earth to take a look see. I find this place between Needles and Havasu just north of ''red rock bridge,'' with a marina and what looks like camping close to the water. anybody have any info on this place, what it's called,how to get there.ect. I'm just looking for a nice place to park the motorhome, where I can see my boat in the water. I do'nt care about hook ups. also any info on any other camping areas would be great. thanks steve.

RCB19
    You're probably looking at Park Moabi. Just north of Topock south of Needles. Sweet campground especially if you get a point spot. They are impossible to book on a short notice but the rest of the park is pretty available. It's off of the I 40.

CARLSON-JET
    I love that proggy. 20MB. of the best space on the hard drive. type in a couple of names and keep pecking if it denies you. You will know the lay of the land.. make note of the the spots to fuel up. 2 gigs of ram and High speed, you can fly from east to west without a hicup on Earth viewer. Have fun on the river 4604me. If you have not done a powell trip..... please do. I promise you won't forget it.