Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tunnel rams

tx-19
    what is a good tunnel ram for a 540 13 to1 chevy.looking for something for a decent price.

Klass Klown
    what is a good tunnel ram for a 540 13 to1 chevy.looking for something for a decent price.
    Spend the extra money and purchase a DART.

steelcomp
    Roger that.

TIMINATOR
    I have a couple of them for sale,used,reasonable,CALL me. TIMINATOR 623-877-8553

cfm
    For an as cast piece, Dart. With two Dom's and shear plates under each.

River Rat 005
    Whats the purpose of a sheer plate? Would it do any good on a single carb on a super vic?

poncho-pwr
    A shear plate is basically a four hole carb spacer with each hole slightly tapered from the top down and with a groove(usually 1/8") milled around each hole on the bottom. The shear plate helps mixture distribution and protects the carbs bowls and metering blocks from vibration which in turn keeps the fuel in a much calmer transitional state allowing it to be metered more precisely. The grooves that are machined around the holes on the bottom side are to help eliminate reversion from going back up into the carb. That is a simple short version explanation, I'm sure others will come along who can explain it better. And yes, they work on single carb setups too.

lilrick
    A shear plate is basically a four hole carb spacer with each hole slightly tapered from the top down and with a groove(usually 1/8") milled around each hole on the bottom. The shear plate helps mixture distribution and protects the carbs bowls and metering blocks from vibration which in turn keeps the fuel in a much calmer transitional state allowing it to be metered more precisely. The grooves that are machined around the holes on the bottom side are to help eliminate reversion from going back up into the carb. That is a simple short version explanation, I'm sure others will come along who can explain it better. And yes, they work on single carb setups too.
    would anybody be willing to post a pic of a shear plate??

tx-19
    where do u get them?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast