Thread: Trim Tab Indicator

Powerquestboy
    I had a question about Trim Tab indicators. My new boat has tabs and no indicator.....Is it possible to use a nice dana tab indicator with my stock (non-dana) trim tabs? I sure had a heck of a time trying to trim this boat yesterday and figured out today the right switch was controlling the left tab and the left controlling the right tab. Looks like someone had it apart and didnt get back together right. I'm going to fix the switches but figured a nice indicator would keep the guessing to a minimum. Thanks

BADBLOWN572
    I had a question about Trim Tab indicators. My new boat has tabs and no indicator.....Is it possible to use a nice dana tab indicator with my stock (non-dana) trim tabs? I sure had a heck of a time trying to trim this boat yesterday and figured out today the right switch was controlling the left tab and the left controlling the right tab. Looks like someone had it apart and didnt get back together right. I'm going to fix the switches but figured a nice indicator would keep the guessing to a minimum. Thanks
    Any mechanical indicator should work. Do not get an electronic one. Electric ones are not exact. I would recommend either the Dana ones or a blue water indicator. Not sure what cables the Dana indicator uses, but the blue water uses Morse 33C cables. You will have to measure your boat and get the proper length. Do not forget to order a couple of "clam shell" caps to seal up the holes in the hull when you drill for the cables.

Cole Sanger
    That is how they are supposed to work. You push the switch down for what you want the bow to do. Example: You are high on the left at the bow, you push the left switch for bow down and the right tab actually moves down. This pushes your bow down on the left. If you know the manufacture of your trim tabs, I would check their site for indicators. I have an off brand that had them - Insta-trim.