Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Place diverter vs trim

ck7684
    I've seen some killer rooster tails, way larger than mine. I am wondering what the main differences are between a place diverter and my electric trim on my Berk. I'm not sure if it's the jet-o-vator type or what. Its a 12JF jet tho with the factory trim...

Dominator Scott
    God bless rooster tails.

patrolman808
    They've probably trimmed the diverter to allow it to point upwards more.

ck7684
    Is there really any difference or is my trim just a factory diverter?? Killer rooster pic BTW

LuckyDaze
    I don't think Berk ever made a factory trim? I may be wrong however. Those guys with the big ole rooster tail have just adjusted it so it points higher.
    ~Brian

inwo
    I've had ever fifferent kind at one time or another. From a Jetovator, C bowl conversion, F gimbal type, to Place Diverter.
    They all do basically the same thing except for the obvious design diferences.
    The F type won't fit on a two piece bowl, so you can't use wedge, droop, or rooster booster. Mine is so old it doesn't have O ring. Don't know if the newer ones do. I still like the overall design with only one pivot point.
    I've thought about sawing it off and welding in a wedge.
    The same design was used on the C to I conversion. (which I have done)
    My new beer can fishing boat has an AT. Now I have to find what works best with that!

Dominator Scott
    Is there really any difference or is my trim just a factory diverter?? Killer rooster pic BTW
    Thanks. My wife took that pic last fall and I about fell over when I saw it. I never realized it was throwing a roost for that long of a distance.:jawdrop:

Jetaholic
    I never realized it was throwing a roost for that long of a distance.:jawdrop:
    That's what he said...

atxwrangler
    on a place diverter the back half of the unit moves up and down.on a berkley trim there is just a small ring inside the back half of the unit that moves up and down.the berkley trim units,don't shoot much of a rooster tail.do you have any pics of your trim nozzle?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast