Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Made it to 100mph!!

wet77
    I finally made it to my goal of 100mph Saturday evening on table rock lake
    The wife and I took out the rebuilt daytona for her maiden voyage and with only a quick stomp on the gas for about 7 seconds we hit 103mph on the gps!
    This has been a long time coming and it was only possible due to the help of Duane and Brian at HTP, they setup the boat and ran test's to tune it in after the 540 was given the blown treatment and a setback with a bubble new intake, shoe, rideplate and impeller this thing goes like madd!
    I will post pics of the boat later on after I finish painting some parts and get it all cleaned up but here is the gps from that day.
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...1&d=1175597240

sstjet
    Congrats, that a big accomplishment. Sounds as though there is probably a little more left on the table if you were to stay in it longer! Sweet boat btw.

snake321
    Very cool. Now lets figure out the money vs. MPH scale, how much money does it take to jump from 75 to 100mph?

BrendellaJet
    Very cool. Now lets figure out the money vs. MPH scale, how much money does it take to jump from 75 to 100mph?
    My calculations show about 25k.

IMPATIENT 1
    congrats!!!
    lol, i should see 100 this yr. myself and it cost me @15k(sold the sj, bought tx-19 and built stout blower motor).

Rondane
    This thread will be interesting. At least you didnt start off with a brand new pump and get talked into totally rebuilding it again like the last guy? How fast was your original speed and power? Did you have the wrong intake in it or something or did you mean a loader? Very nice boat too btw.
    Congrats and hope to hear from kenny and smokin and of course my comerade.....396.
    rondane

snake321
    $1000 per every new 1 mph.
    I'd better get a new job...

Jetaholic
    I finally made it to my goal of 100mph Saturday evening on table rock lake
    The wife and I took out the rebuilt daytona for her maiden voyage and with only a quick stomp on the gas for about 7 seconds we hit 103mph on the gps!
    This has been a long time coming and it was only possible due to the help of Duane and Brian at HTP, they setup the boat and ran test's to tune it in after the 540 was given the blown treatment and a setback with a bubble new intake, shoe, rideplate and impeller this thing goes like madd!
    I will post pics of the boat later on after I finish painting some parts and get it all cleaned up but here is the gps from that day.
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...1&d=1175597240
    Uh oh...RonJane EAT YOUR HEART OUT!!!

luv2race
    lol, i should see 100 this yr. myself and it cost me @15k(sold the sj, bought tx-19 and built stout blower motor).[/QUOTE]
    A friend of mine has a Daytona put together by R&D Marine, sweet boat.
    Runs over a 100 and only has a .030 over 454 dual 750. And theres more left in it. And didn't cost him the bank.
    http://www.r-dmarine.com/Arnold.html

Bow Tie Omega
    Congrats on the accomplishment!!! As for Brendella Jet posting, he should be working on his boat instead, getting it ready to run instead of posting on ***boat

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast