Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: fuel delivery

born2burn
    Which fuel delivery would you guys recommend............mechanical or electric fuel pump to feed a blown 600 cid. BBC in a 4000# 26' cat pleasure boat application. Gotta feed 2 stage 5 Nickerson Domminators to low 6K rpms. Give your oppinions and why please.
    Thanks

BLOWN HOWARD
    I have an Electric mounted on the transom and that feeds a manual on the block that feeds dual 750's

ghittner
    I would go as simple as posssible with a mechanical pump. Carter makes the one I use, needs no regulator and runs 1/2" lines with a very simple re-do on the out port. 172 GPH. That's enough for well over 1000 HP. It has served me well for over 1.5 years now. 5-8 pds constant pressure.

elec. pumps are for fuel injec & drag cars, get a darn good mech. I perfer the six valve deals like clay smith, edel, b&g, etc. PM superdave he carries clay smith

GofastRacer
    ditto!

1968Droptop
    Is the Carter really enough to feed 2 carbs ? As you guys know, I'm about to go blown, and this question came up last night. Will my Carter 172GPH feed 2 Dominators properly ? Target rpm is 6, but may see 6.5. I'll be running -8 from each tank to the filter/seperator, then single -8 to the pump, and single -8 from the pump the the dist block. I prefer mech pumps by far, less mess and more reliable imo. But I'm concerned about adaquete fuel supply.

MKEELINE
    I just switched out my Aeromotive A1000 electric pump for a Clay Smith mech. pump. This is in a twin turbo cruiser. I never had a problem with the electric pump,but I didn't want to wait for a problem either. Superdave can hook you up with the Clay smith pump and all the fittings and hose you might need.

every single gn running a blower is running a blower is running a six valve pump, have no problems with the carter deal just that we all run the six valve. again PM superdave about the clay smith

superdave013
    The main difference between the Clay Smith pump and all the other six valve pumps is the valves are steel instead of alum.
    That does drive the cost up a tad but they don't fail. You know what happens when a fuel pump fails on a blown deal right?
    Oh, those pumps are also hand built right at Clay Smith's shop. So the castings get a little love too.
    They can also get set up with the port for the USCG vent tube for all you closed engine guys.
    They won't work if you are running your fuel pump off the sea water pump.
    If you have intrest in one don't PM me, call me at 714 223 9322.

ghittner
    I like Clay smith as well, however the differece between Carter's and Smith's is that you do not have to run a regulator with the Carter. That's why I chose it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast