Thread: turbo exhaust

78hallett-ss
    i finally got a old pfm/banks setup... single intercooler with pfm risers, rayjays. single carb. my only "issue" is it has the over transom "bullhorns" but they are water injected somehow... anyone have the thru-transom manifolds (off the turbo) or ... my other thought was to turn them down and build connections to my existing thru transom tips... or i will have to move them to the outer portion of the boat so they can connect. (oh this is all under a hatch) i may have to raise the hatch and definetly putting pro-stock style scoop over the carb area for more air.

h2oski2fast
    They make an elbow that bolts to the turbo and turns down at a 45*.

They make an elbow that bolts to the turbo and turns down at a 45*.
    Is it these ?
    http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...bostuff015.jpg
    -beerjet-

78hallett-ss
    yup! doubt i will find them... i think the "horns" aimed down n then i can build some s pipes to meet up with the stock location

MKEELINE
    Is it these ?
    http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c2...bostuff015.jpg
    -beerjet-
    I ran a PFM/Banks set up like this on my '78 Hallett SS for awhile. It was under a hatch also. You should look for some of these elbows, they will probably work better for you. With the elbows you can just run some exhaust hose to the exhaust tips.

78hallett-ss
    i will keep looking as i think they would work out easier too! looks like Beerjet isnt using any of that... maybe he wants to let me borrow the bigger intercooler and the exhaust elbows! lol... well either way i want to have them on in about a month... all my motor parts should be back this week! mkeeline you were supposed to send me some pics of your hallett!

MKEELINE
    Your right I was supposed to do that wasn't I. Sorry about that. My computer at work went belly up a couple weeks ago, so if I have any pictures of my old setup they will be on my home computer. I have some pics of my current setup but I can't get them to load here. PM me your email address and I'll send those to you if you want.
    Also, I sold all my PFM/Banks stuff to Dan Kahn(Inkahntrol), there where two pairs of exhaust elbows. You might check with him to see if he wants to sell one pair.

flat broke
    Those elbows show up at the autoswaps every now and again. Another option might be something like Glenwoods PN 708 (you can look it up in their catalog online). It's an 80* jacketed elbow, but I'm not sure on the bolt circle/hole pattern. The good thing is that since they make them, perhaps they could grab one that hasn't been drilled/finished yet and put your bolt circle on there providing the flange could accomodate it. The part will stick out wider than the part you are really looking for, but since you could drill your own pattern, you could also clock it at whatever angle you need to facilitate your installation.
    The other option would be to call IMCO and have them custom weld something together for you. But be prepared to $pend.
    Good luck,
    Chris

78hallett-ss
    thanks! i sent it to you... i will try dan.