Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shovel nose hydro finally runs (pics)

picklefork1
    Well thanks to wrightnow and an all nighter a week ago and several long nights during the week she finally runs, and let me tell you this thing is a blast. By the way I have a jet boat for sale if anyone is interested.
    This is a shot at big river on saturday morning about 8:30 A.M
    [img]http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/V-Drives/big_river41580224yDsLBB_ph.JPG
    From Shore
    [img]http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/V-Drives/bigriveratshore41581061iwuapr_ph.JPG
    Sorry ! forgot to shrink them down.
    [This message has been edited by picklefork1 (edited June 24, 2002).]
    [This message has been edited by picklefork1 (edited June 24, 2002).]

Dans66Stevens
    Very nice looking ride!!!!!!

Backfire
    I saw this boat running around Bluewater Saturday afternoon. Lookin Good! Shouldn't the screen name be "Shovelnose" though?

Kurtis500
    YEEHHAAAAWWW!! Well, despite not knowing exactly what hull it is the boat appears to run quite well. How does it handle at all speeds? I'm curious..?? You will be at the v-drive regatta correct?

dannyUALsanger
    Picklefork, that is one fantastic looking ride http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif !

picklefork1
    Kurtis 500 - it handles surprisingly well, but I'm definately still getting used to the feel of it. I'm not used to this kind of excelleration, and to what the boat want's to do at high speed. Learning curve I guess!. Better safe than on the bottom.

Sangster 79
    PF1... Looks like you got it runnin alright..
    What kind of hull is it? Looking at the pics of it in the readers rides section it looks like it was originally a jet boat hull...How does it handle as a v-drive?
    [This message has been edited by Sangster 79 (edited July 06, 2002).]
    [This message has been edited by Sangster 79 (edited July 07, 2002).]

Costello
    Looks like it's really aired out!! I see that it has PGH painted on it. Did someone really run this deal as a PGH? If it ran solid as a Pro Gas boat, then you should feel pretty safe running it with the power you have in it now. Also, did you ever find out what kind of hull that is? I remember Joe Shelfo Jr. saying he thought it was a Glen L kit boat. Were you ever able to confirm that?

picklefork1
    Costello = the registration says powercraft , "ring any bells".

pgf127rt
    Originally posted by picklefork1:
    Kurtis 500 - it handles surprisingly well, but I'm definately still getting used to the feel of it. I'm not used to this kind of excelleration, and to what the boat want's to do at high speed. Learning curve I guess!. Better safe than on the bottom.
    PF1, the above is a very true statement made by you, a little advice, from one who has been there done that, any time you are running a boat at extreme speeds, especially trying to learn the little things that can go wrong, I would suggest investing in a very good life jacket, if for nothing else it makes you easier to find in case of an accident, and it just might save your life, this is just a friendly suggestion, no offense meant.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast