Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My son died today..

Kindsvater Flat
    and I didn't think how focked up this would be. Every 15 minutes (http://www.every15minutes.com/)seemed like a good program but after getting involved its heart wrenching. This morning I get a visit from the sherriff and he informs me that my son died of a alcohol related car accident. I thought I was prepared for this. Then I said screw it and went to his school to watch the accident go down. Nope. Parents are not allowed. Tonight I had to write a good bye letter to him. Tomorrow I get to read it in front of everyone. His room is empty and his cell phone is off. I pray this never happens in real life.
    *NOTE: We will reunite after the dealio in the gym tomorrow..

riverbound
    :jawdrop:

Tom Brown
    It sounds like a powerful program. I hope you grow from it and enjoy life more from the experience.

Ziggy
    Re-creation enactments as a learning tool for parents and kids. Heard about this before.
    Would be a difficult situation to handle.:sqeyes:

lewiville
    and I didn't think how focked up this would be. Every 15 minutes (http://www.every15minutes.com/)seemed like a good program but after getting involved its heart wrenching. This morning I get a visit from the sherriff and he informs me that my son died of a alcohol related car accident. I thought I was prepared for this. Then I said screw it and went to his school to watch the accident go down. Nope. Parents are not allowed. Tonight I had to write a good bye letter to him. Tomorrow I get to read it in front of everyone. His room is empty and his cell phone is off. I pray this never happens in real life.
    that is very interesting

LHC30Victory
    Every 15 Minutes is a very intensive production meant to wrench the hearts and minds of all involved...Cudo's to your school district for the taking the time and expense to put it on...hopefully lives will change and some will be saved (for real)...

brad22
    I had a program go down like that at my school too. they put 2 cars out in front of the school and mocked up a bad accident. they had the fire department and some cops come to the scene and the airlifted the "victims" with a helicopter. it was actually some pretty crazy stuff if you pretend that it was real. I think it is a great program.

DeltaSigBoater
    I remember they did that my senior year.
    Good program!

BajaMike
    That's a scary title for a thread....glad it's not for real, I lost a son, and it's something you never get over.
    I hope it's a good program, and maybe it will save some young lives.
    :idea:

Kindsvater Flat
    They had 2 girls "mock" trapped in one car which they used the jaws to remove the roof. One girl went by helio and the other by ground ambulance. The passenger of the drunk driver died at seen and from what the guys at the FD told me is that they actually bagged her and put her in the hearse. The driver was drunk and was actually taken to jail and went through the whole booking process. There were 11 living dead that were pulled from classes all morning.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast