Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aussie Sanger

Aussie V-drive
    Hi, guys I originally posted in spam and was told to post in here to maybe get some more info on the boat I'm looking at here in Australia, its a 74 sanger flat bottom circle runner from what I'm told. They don't come up for sale that often in Australia cause there aren't that many of them here so any thoughts info historic facts would be great.
    I'll try post some pics for your info and the HIN is SANMO1490374 which I've had explained but just included it fyi.
    The boats 17'10" running a 390 BBFord casale box, adjust cav, hope the pics help and hope you can give me your thoughts good or bad.
    JD

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    The sanger "circle runner" is a runnerbottom. Yours is not a runner.
    What kind of facts and info are you looking for?
    http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysga...nner%20004.jpg

fc-pilot
    Jerry, it does have a step in it. It is hard to see, but if you zoom in you can see it.
    Paul

Warlockjer
    Boy that is one P U R P L E boat

Sangerboy
    I agree with fc Jer, I think it is a runner bottom, Aussie I have the same boat, just 1 yr newer('75), with the same medium layup. You may want to remeasure carefully it should be 18' 3" the 17' 10" was a true flat with a standard raised deck (no bubbledeck). It is a good boat, not especially efficient(fast) with a given power amount, but relatively stable. Mine took a lot of bottom and setup work too get it working right after I went above 550 to 600 hp.

Aussie V-drive
    Thanks guys, I'm really after any details on the good and bad points about the sanger, pics that allow me to compare what I'm looking at as to what is original, historic info such as the 70's add, thanks V-DRIVE VIDEO, that kinda stuff is priceless.
    There's not a great deal of these boats in Australia so comparing or even looking at them is hard.
    thanks guys
    JD

GofastRacer
    Yep it sure is, if you look at the 4th turnbuckle from the left it is longer and you can make out the drop if you look closely, it is hard to pick up at first glance!.. Also the angle of the center turnbuckles are different than the outer ones!..
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...9&d=1175730363

Aussie V-drive
    Couple more pics may answer your questions and help me, the owner says he measured without the cav's so does that sound right in terms of the length?
    V-DRIVE VIDEO you are a champ thats priceless stuff, I love history re boats very appreciated.
    Is there any info I can get to help you guys??

Sangerboy
    My bet is that the owner was 5" off on his measurement. If you look closely at the 2nd picture in Aussie's 1st post, you can see that the keel has a little v in it as it passes under the v-drive where the turn fin is mounted. This also identifies it as a circle runner as the 18' 6" drag runners are flat here. Aussie the pics that Jerry posted of Powerboat Magazine's test report of the circle runner are likely the best you'll ever find of a "factory" (if there is such a thing) setup. I have that issue too Jer, Oh for the days when Powerboat would test flatbottom v-drives in their performance reports.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast