Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aussie Sanger

HONDOUGH

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    Jerry, I dont know were you find all this stuff, you are the man!!!
    I find it in my cabinet
    This picture is about 2/3rds of my collection. I also stumble upon stuff at Billy B.'s paint shop from time to time. He worked for Sanger for a stretch and has a lot of cool literature (if you can find it). The problem is, it can literally take hours to find something...
    http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysga...1/DSCF0856.JPG

h2oski2fast
    Hi, guys I originally posted in spam and was told to post in here to maybe get some more info on the boat I'm looking at here in Australia, its a 74 sanger flat bottom circle runner from what I'm told. They don't come up for sale that often in Australia cause there aren't that many of them here so any thoughts info historic facts would be great.
    I'll try post some pics for your info and the HIN is SANMO1490374 which I've had explained but just included it fyi.
    The boats 17'10" running a 390 BBFord casale box, adjust cav, hope the pics help and hope you can give me your thoughts good or bad.
    JD
    Is that at Tricker's?

CircleJerk
    Note; Sanger also made NON bubble deck circle boats, I had a flat deck 1971 that Harlan identified as a circle chine flat bottom that he had forgot he made that early!! That boat is again for sale, seems the new owner cant keep rods in his BBC! Must be the boats fault!

Aussie V-drive
    h2oski2fast, no idea what Tricker's is, but the boat is in Adelaide in Aussie and I'm in Sydney approx 10+/- hour drive for a comparison.
    V-DRIVE VIDEO gottalove the magazine collection - wish I had them just to collect articles from on flatts.
    There an old saying when you find one boat over here more surface, here's another would appreciate any comments on this one as well.
    JD

Aussie V-drive
    Guys any info on my latest find? see pics
    JD

Aussie V-drive
    Guys couple pics of another sanger here in Australia, any info opinions, brochures muchly appreciated.
    JD

Running_on_Empty
    does anyone have any more old sanger ads? I have a 76 flatbottom any stuff on that? These ads are awesome!

fc-pilot
    Well Aussie, I will give you my two cents (but I am not sure what it will really be worth with the whole exchange rate). The biggest factor for me would be the hardware on the boats. I would want steel hardware and the better of the two setups. If one had a better strut angle than the other that might save you a lot of time. Also some of the other factors to weigh are which motor is more readily available if you have any parts breakage? What type of v-drive does it have and how easy is it to find parts. These are some of the questions I would be asking myself, and the owners of the boats. Hopefully some of the guys that know these hulls better will jump in with some specific info to look for with these two boats to help you out (as I have no experience with these specific hulls).
    Paul

Aussie V-drive
    Thanks fc-pilot, as a basis I'll list what I have on both boats, one point to make both are hull wise in great condition, no damage, rot, splits, stress cracks etc the purple boat has been repainted the red one has not and is still in its original red gel.
    Purple sanger;
    390 FE ford reasonably worked, sounds tough, good oil pressure, big sump - professionally done etc, Casale box no idea on % step up or pitch, 3 blade prop, adjustable cavs.
    Red sanger;
    427 BBC, alloy heads, roller cam. rockers etc, steel crank, edelbrock manifold, 850DP water injected headers, big sump, sound extremely tough and strong, again professionally built, Casale box 18% (not 100% sure) step up no idea what pitch, 2 blade mellings prop, adjustable cavs.
    Again the more info the better, the boat will be used as a weekend enjoyment boat in fresh flat water (lake).
    JD

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast