Thread: Cougar 21 MTR V-Drive Tunnel

FasterPussyCat
    Does anyone on the boards here know of anyone selling a used Cougar 21 MTR V-Drive tunnel. ??
    I have never seen one of these boats up close and personal but have seen pictures of it on the Cougar website.
    Here is a link to the 21 MTR --> http://www.cougarboats.com/tun-21.htm
    Any feedback that anyone could post about this boat would be of great help to me.
    It would be great to here from someone that has one of these boats to get some feedback on the good and bad points of one of these boats.
    Any help would be great, Thanks. Jerry

HP350SC
    PM Infomaniac, I believe his has ran as fast as mid 8's @ 134mph in the 1/4:2purples:

Unchained
    A good friend of mine has a 21' Cougar v drive, I drove it and got totally corrupted.
    That put into place a multi year plan and I finally got a 21' Eliminator Daytona v drive tunnel.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/.../daytonalr.jpg
    The guy who owns the Cougar took many weeks of changing prop and engine location to get it right. The rigging when he got it was way off. The motor was way forward like a flatbottom and it wouldn't air out.
    I never was much a fan of V drives because of all of the negatives that come with them but these tunnel hulls handle rough water just incredible with the v drive.
    Good luck finding a used 21' Cougar vdrive. They are real rare. I've seen more of the 19'ers used. I have seen a couple Obsessions and Eliminators for sale.
    There was a 21' Liberator v drive tunnel for sale in Granbury Texas w/o engine. It's just like the Eliminator. I looked at it and it was real nice.

Rvr Swpr
    The heavy duty look of that engine is awsome. All business.