Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sanger Hydro-drag Or Ski????

707-CREW
    Can someone tell me the difference between the drag hydro and the ski hydro. Mabe some pics too if you have them...thanks

FlatRat
    Well,
    drag hydro's have an outboard rudder and ski hydro's have an inboard one. Check to the wild v-dive section for some pics or go to Dragboats.com.

707-CREW
    Flatrat...thanks..is the hull pretty much built the same? Is the drag hull lighter? Thanks again

RaysonKid
    The ski hydro has a wider interior and the steering wheel is offset to the left.
    The ski hydro also has a heavier layup.

RaysonKid
    The drag hydros from Sanger where available in different lay ups.
    The heavier ones being used for the power of a Topfuel engine.

707-CREW
    Thanks fellas

Boatmike
    Alot of the guys back in the day refered to the Jr. Hydro being the one with
    the ribs in the center of the top the bow as being drag hydro's. But really i think if it has outboard steering you could classify it as a drag hydro.

Fancy Sausage
    82 Ski Hydro, medium weight, inboard steering. I prefer the inboard for the lake...Sacrafice the high speed stability (over 120mph) but the manuverability makes it much more pleasurable at the lake. Awesome acceleration 0- 110 mph vs. super high speed at the lake works for me.
    Unfortunately, most boats to include my hydro are allergic to those pesky jet ski rollers that always seem to be in season at the lake.
    http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h1...g?t=1175826779

gochappy
    I think you'll find the drag hydros with a lighter lay-up than the ski hydro....the ski boats were made to take a beating, a lot mthicker hulls.....the drag hydros are probably in the 4-600 pound range...

SANGER-RICH
    I think you'll find the drag hydros with a lighter lay-up than the ski hydro....the ski boats were made to take a beating, a lot mthicker hulls.....the drag hydros are probably in the 4-600 pound range...
    I was told that the sanger ski hydro was a heavier layup with the ribs in the bow, the drag hydro was the lighter layup did not have the bow supports or the port and starbord supports built in the hull , the out board steering was added for high speed steering 80+ to get away from the prop wash for stabilty steering. I loose my steering at 70 so im along for the ride, any outside wake will change the attitude and direction of th boat. GOTTA
    LOVE IT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast